Biofuels and gasoline engine

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
nick00031
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Biofuels and gasoline engine

by nick00031 » 24/09/05, 13:37

hello to all here I have a simple question but I'm bored for a little while while we often hear about the substitution of the usual fuel by bio fuels..voila I have a renault clio 1.2l a GASOLINE and I would like just to know if it is possible to use a bio fuel, if so which and in what proportion, and if not so much worse .. I thank you all in advance
0 x
MobyleX
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by MobyleX » 25/09/05, 00:07

claude07 wrote:besides renault has develloper engines for this fuel, but do not sell it in France.
s .... ards!

must start in the beterave.

In theory a simple enrichment of the mixture is enough to turn to alcohol (the alcohol is an oxygenated fuel) but which I think will be done automatically with the lambda probe of the engine. After that I had heard about a change in the ignition, but here I remain skeptical about the need to touch this part of the engine.
0 x
Dream is real freedom, it is the hope, nobody can stop you.
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 25/09/05, 03:37

Hello mobylex
All engines for many years (+ 18 years) have a knock sensor. it is a piezo-electric vibration detector, are to adjust the ignition very close to the autoignition whatever the filling or the regime, it is finished now the tanks that clicks with the acceleration, or in a dimension, so the advance side depending on the fuel it is all alone. The principle l, advance is exaggerated at the initial setting, the electronic only delays more or less depending on the vibrations that indicate that one is at the beginning of rattling.
Andre
0 x
MobyleX
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by MobyleX » 25/09/05, 13:12

Yes that's what I thought, no need to change the ignition, but just the wealth. Thank you André for this information, I did not know the "knock sensor".
0 x
Dream is real freedom, it is the hope, nobody can stop you.
Pouz
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Pouz » 25/09/05, 20:06

I'm not sure we have knock detectors on European engines.
In Canada / USA, the quality of gasoline is not constant, in particular, the octane level is quite random (I am told).
While in Europe, we have a constant quality (91, 95 and 98). On my vehicles (car and motorcycle), for example, there has never been a "knock sensor" that would adjust the advance ignition.
0 x
Other

by Other » 25/09/05, 22:20

Hello,
Most of Ford, crysler, and GM manufacturers have been around for years
86 89 this system is generalized with injection and electronics, it is so simple and if expensive, it allowed the mechanic to simplify their life more callage. it is not because of fuel, but rather because of the use of engines, to stop thinking that fuel is bad in North America. of course, it's coho
If all the customers only bought the super petrolires would be in shit, they make their profit with the ordinary, the super and dedicate to the high compression engine, I can tell you that from the ordinary in an airplane engine It only works well in the 100ll, it is the fuel that is used in winter in remote places in the north. the ordinary makes 90 octane in general and even more according to the companies.
I will give you the octane spectra of the pumps when I go to refuel.
Andre
0 x
wirbelwind262
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by wirbelwind262 » 26/09/05, 18:04

Hello !
all the engines having an electronic ignition of "2ème or 3ème" generation possesses a rattling detector, and this since the middle of the years 80, it is part of the essential panoply of the engine management with the electronic injection!
@ + and good luck!
0 x
wirbelwind262
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by wirbelwind262 » 26/09/05, 18:22

By the way ,
Are there any compatibility issues with the engine oil?
I saw a competition pulling tractor running on methanol, and after each run the mechanic drained, put the oil in the sun to evaporate the methanol, when it had evaporated it put the oil in the engine!
he avoided leaving the oil with methanol because too much time mixing together, it rotten the oil!
@ +!
0 x
silenus
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by silenus » 17/10/05, 13:29

Hello

I peeled all the posts on the use of bio-ethanol in place of the sp95 / 98.
There is still 2 / 3 stuff that crumples me:

According to your information all cars equipped with an electronic inj and therefore a knock sensor should be able to run bioethanol without any modifications. So that's my first question, if this is the case why Renault and Saab come out of flexfuel models? (banned for sale in France: angry:) while it should work without change! These vehicles can run with alcohol or gasoline or with a mixture of both, it is perhaps in the latter case that intervene the modifs, to evacuate the precipitated water ex ???

My car (a brava with electronic inj and so knock sensor!) Should roll ethanol without modifications, but I do not know why I'm sure it will not start with pure alcohol (= without gasoline mixture ) but I will still try. Would anyone know the degree of alcohol that should be used 70 °, 80 ° ...

Well if in Brazil they get there we should be able to do it too.
Rest pb refueling, because if I find rapeseed in large quantities easily for my T4 I will have more trouble for bioethanol!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/10/05, 13:43

It is pure alcohol that must be used ... the rest is water you risk pb corrosion of the injection organs ... What I have trouble understanding is how make the mixture alcohol / gasoline homogeneous since these fluid 2 are hardly missible ... it is necessary to resort to stabilizing additives (as do the tanker with the ETBE ...)
0 x