Low Conso Bulbs and Led Bulbs

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Low Conso Bulbs and Led Bulbs

by Grelinette » 19/12/09, 21:59

Hi,
I have to change all the bulbs on my workplaces.
Currently there are low energy bulbs and I am asked to change them by the equivalent in led bulb that would seem now more efficient.

Is this choice wise?

What are the differences between low conso and led bulbs?
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
phoenix
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by phoenix » 20/12/09, 10:23

Unfortunately, the performance of his bulbs are still very modest.

The vast majority of these bulbs are of less than 2W power and do not light more than an incandescent 10 / 15W bulb whatever the indication of the packaging.

I tested many led bulbs, the best I tested is this one.
http://www.osram.com/osram_com/Consumer ... index.html

The comparison with a classic bulb of 40w is honest, but the price is high: 40 euros
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 20/12/09, 10:45

To complete :

1) Everything depends on the lights!

2 ° I replaced "dichroic" pots above a counter that my kids left on all the time with LED bulbs. First of all 24 LEDs: disappointing; low intensity; too concentrated spot and very cold light. Then by 40 (approximately) warm light LEDs: impecabble. Worth the spots I had. And I go to 2 W instead of 20!

Therefore pay attention to cold light / warm light (this is indicated as 2 700 temperature K = Kelvin degree).

Very often, the luminous intensity is indicated in lm (lumen). We do not usually read this data. See on the packaging, sometimes on the bulb itself. A good 20 W flucompact bulb spits about 1 500 lm. So compare ...

3 ° I also replaced "normal" bulbs ("pears", what) flucompact for garden lighting. By LED "bulbs". This is also fine, because we don't need intensity. And again, I go from 7 W (flucompact, which had replaced the 20 W incandescent) to 1,5 W (LED). On 10 terminals, you can feel it!

4 ° But I did not replace bulbs in a single floor lamp in the kitchen (in the center of the ceiling) or in rooms. I kept the fluocompact. The power, LED, is not there. AND actually, the 50 € environment left me a little cold.

5) I had replaced a normal bulb on a bedside lamp serving as a little "night light". Disappointment. It lasted 3 or 4 months. With Chinese manufactures not validated by major brands (Osram, Philips), beware ... The 10 hours announced is a lure. It is not the LED which gives way, it is the electronics (ballast) - bad soldering ... But the result is the same: it is out of order. This is why I am not ready to put 000 € in a light bulb!
0 x
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fthanron » 20/12/09, 12:14

Hello Grelinette,

Maybe it would be more accurate to answer by knowing a little context of the bulbs / lighting areas to replace?

@+
0 x
Frederic
Christophe

Re: Low Conso Bulbs and Led Bulbs

by Christophe » 20/12/09, 12:19

Grelinette wrote:Is this choice wise?

LED bulbs do not yet reach the luminous power of fluorescent bulbs ... unless you are willing to pay more than 80 € per ampoules and again ... those I tested is not folichon!

Grelinette wrote:What are the differences between low conso and led bulbs?

With quality LEDs, the light output is slightly higher.

There is no heating time ... and for the moment the LEDs are reserved for directional spot lighting so.

I often advise doing "LED + fluo" hybrid luminaires to combine the 2 advantages (or clear the 2 disadvantages if you prefer):
a) luminous power of the fluo
b) instantaneous lighting of the LED

Here are some models: https://www.econologie.com/shop/ampoules-led-c-90

Prefer an 4000 or 6000K model for workplaces.
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 20/12/09, 12:44

LED lighting is only valid for occasional lighting, for the main lighting it has absolutely no interest for the moment: too expensive, not very bright, unpleasant light, and above all, the lumen / watt output of LEDs. white is not superior to that of CFLs, a "detail" which is always "forgotten" by manufacturers ...
0 x
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fthanron » 20/12/09, 12:55

In the kitchen there is a 13 W LED bulb installed ... apart from the color (I made a mistake when ordering) dew, the side "does not light the ceiling" (which has no interest for me at home since there are no moldings or other decorative painting), I am fully satisfied.

Instant and powerful lighting.

So before you say "don't light up", please take a look at what's out there.

I do not advance scientific data because I did not measure anything precisely.

@+

PS: for the price, it's another story because they are not distributed in France ...
0 x
Frederic
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 20/12/09, 12:57

Hello,

LEDs are interesting everywhere there are filament lamps: low-voltage halogen or halogen / filament for automatic / frequent ignition systems.

Compared to large neon lights, or powerful compact fluorescents, it still does not make weight (light instead :-)

But we talk about it in 1 or 2 years, with the LCD backlight market that will change very quickly ...
0 x
See you soon !
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 20/12/09, 15:17

bernardd wrote:But we talk about it in 1 or 2 years, with the LCD backlight market that will change very quickly ...

Another trend will undoubtedly take over, the low consumption tube backlighting, a system developed by Sony and which benefits my 117cm 200hz LCD (KDL46z5500) which only consumes 166w in medium brightness setting (which is in fact the optimal setting) , the "special low consumption model, the 117cm 46WE5 (100hz) eats only 107w: the advantage of this system is a cost much lower than the LEDs, for a comparable image quality ... Compare with my old CRT 100hz 72cm top-of-the-range which swallowed its 155w, that is to say a quotient w / m² comparable to the old plasma ...
Do not forget that the LED backlight exists in 2 versions: the economical: device (the LEDs are in the frame and illuminate the screen via a mirror), but no image enhancement, and full screen ( the back panel is covered with a led grid which allows a uniform illumination) which is significantly more effective especially in contrast colors, but also much more expensive (the Sony 117cm full panel LED costs 500 € more than the tube) ...
Nevertheless, from the image quality point of view, nothing beats a Neo PDP plasma that does not consume any more than that (250 to 300w for 117cm while the old ones had more than 500w)
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 20/12/09, 15:30

oiseautempete wrote:Another trend will probably take over, the backlighting tubes low consumption, developed system

But it was already neon lamps low consumption ... the LEDs are better also because they are directly in low DC voltage, so we save the high voltage stage and flicker ...

And it is the number of LEDs to produce that will change things, because the industrial tool will be depreciated and will allow the release of low price LEDs.
0 x
See you soon !

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."