Paper briquettes

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
simseb
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Paper briquettes

by simseb » 17/07/09, 13:08

Hello,

Small presses are now easily found for making paper briquettes for heating in addition to wood with newspapers and pubs.

Qqn does he use these paper briquettes?
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 17/07/09, 13:34

Oops, hello,
A lot of work, burning paper with ink ..., need space to dry the bricks ...
Dependence on the weather ..
If the system was ok, the industry would be responsible for recovering the old paper, and making it into briquettes ... it is not the case it seems to me.
Forget about it :D
I played this game ...
Frankly, a stage above is the recovery of pallets, and a good double combustion stove.
But you need a little gear, and space.
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/07/09, 13:52

+1 LeJust,

I am also mixed, I made 1 video last week on the burning of paper which clearly showed the presence of chlorine:

Video: https://www.econologie.com/pollution-au- ... -4102.html
Photos: https://www.econologie.com/forums/combustion ... t7925.html

Fortunately it is less than 5% of the papers ...

When with the paper briquetting press, that requires having to wet the paper to re-dry it not the following: frankly restrictive ... I do not see the advantages compared to "direct" combustion ... the storage volume? May be

In addition to heat 100% with paper / cardboard you must be or have links with a company ... the waste of individuals is far from enough ...
0 x
Corpse Grinder 666
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Corpse Grinder 666 » 17/07/09, 16:13

I had made more than 90 briquettes with 2 types of paper:
white paper (I got some lesson books) and newsprint.
the 2 are for different uses.
the newspaper briquette: to release a maximum of energy immediately ---> it does not last very long (all proportions kept).
The white paper briquette: gradually releases energy; they are preferable at night: I admit that they helped me a lot.

the solution for good briquettes: compression.
Unfortunately the classic briquettes, the Outiror & Co style are fragile and I screwed it up easily because it is not very designed for compression (we have to press on both sides).
I'm looking for this style of briquette machine (which I can't find: besides if you have a plan I'm interested ;-)) which seems more serious to me:

;)
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 17/07/09, 16:16

Another tip is to moisten them with filtration residue for those who run in oil ...
0 x
Corpse Grinder 666
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Corpse Grinder 666 » 17/07/09, 16:26

also : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/07/09, 19:31

Corpse Grinder 666 wrote:I'm looking for this style of briquette machine (which I can't find: besides if you have a plan I'm interested ;-)) which seems more serious to me

Well it's the kind of machine really easy to make "homemade" ... In addition you can make a size adapted to your heating devices ...
0 x
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 17/07/09, 20:01

Hello,
During my career I worked in a printing house where the boss was a little cracked. He no longer wanted to sell his paper waste because it was no longer profitable.
In front of the pile that piled up, he had imagined making briquettes industrially; in case the market develops, he had imagined wrapping them with a paper that would be printed with advertising for his business.
For the tests, he had rented a concrete mixer in order to knead the parings with water and had a baler transformed to take out briquettes about 3 times larger than the one you can make yourself.
We had to provide waxed and glasses for the person responsible for compressing them, we had to see the work.
It was winter, so the factory boiler room was used as a dryer.
The boss therefore wanted to make his chimney fires with his briquettes, it burned so quickly that he had trouble providing.
And we couldn't hear about it.
We had to resolve to resell the waste paper.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 17/07/09, 20:09

: Arrow: Yes, you have an idea of ​​the compression pressure of the baler in question. :?:

Was the modified baler punctured to properly remove excess moisture. :?:

The press shown in photo seems serious, more serious than the gadgets of Outoror ...

For my part, I would rather look for a press or pellet die. : Mrgreen:
The pressure makes it possible to obtain a dry and practical fuel.
0 x
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 17/07/09, 21:08

Hello Citrus

The baler should have 10 kg / cm200, but brought back to the surface of the 2x30 briquette, it would have to be calculated.
it must be roughly the figures as far as I can remember, it's been over 20 years.
In the bottom had been added a U-shaped iron mold, with ample space, to see the jeisers of water coming out.

We did this with magazine paper of any weight (we didn't print newspapers)

That of outiror should not be very strong, the best is perhaps to do it yourself and to put a longer lever to improve compression
0 x