E10, the agro-fuel too much

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Christophe

E10, the agro-fuel too much

by Christophe » 08/04/09, 22:56

The fuel too much

Consisting of 10% beet ethanol, the new E10 fuel is now available at service stations. Behind an environmental interest far from being demonstrated, this agrofuel is economic absurdity.

Launched the 1er April, one would have hoped it was a hoax. But no, the new fuel E10 (or SP95-E10), composed of 90% gasoline and 10% ethanol beet or wheat, will indeed try to win in gas stations at the place of the SP 95. An economic absurdity, so much so that Germany has given up launching this E10 to avoid heavily penalizing some of its motorists.

For its part, the French government has decided to anticipate the European objectives of incorporating agrofuels, ignoring the compatibility issues of cars in circulation. He suddenly appears as a fervent advocate of beet growers, the largest suppliers of this ethanol, and that's a shame. For two reasons. The first is that 40% of fleet running on gasoline may be damaged by the use of this agrofuel (1) If it replaces the current SP 95, as expected, all cars sold until the 2000 year will have to switch to SP 98, a more expensive fuel that is similar to a Franco-French specificity: it is hardly found outside the borders. As for the E10, if it is sold at the price of SP 95 in its beginnings, even 1 2 cents less to get it off the ground, it will only be temporary. The cost price of a fuel produced from beet or wheat is much higher than that of gasoline: it will be necessary to raise the price at the pump.

Fewer kilometers with a full

And as a misfortune never happens alone, the motorist who will pay this fuel a little more expensive at the pump will be able to travel a little less kilometers with a full, because its calorific value is lower than that of gasoline. As for the environmental interest of the operation, it remains clearly to be demonstrated, the controversy on the impact of agrofuels being always so strong. Conclusion: as long as it remains SP 95 pumps, it is better to avoid refueling E10.

Source: UFC Que Choisir

In short an ecolopipo more ... but we start to get used to it ... glad that the term agrofuel is exclusively used also!

So what are they waiting for to make the M7 Diesel? M7 Diesel as Maloche 7% of SP95 recess!

Explanations and tests: https://www.econologie.com/forums/voiture-di ... t5849.html

By the way Maloche, if we spoke about your M7 to the specialized press? AutoPlus and what to choose ... etc ...?
0 x
carburologue
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by carburologue » 03/07/09, 14:09

economic absurdity that nenni, it is by knocking out the poopulace with beautiful argument on the least pollution renewed energy. etc. ... that the government puts them in the pocket.
A bit like Hitler and his Aryan race and we still see the result today .... manipulation
0 x
approach the end, we'll all spend ... not kidding ... a little humor is good for morale ...

futuristic saying
marieagnes
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by marieagnes » 03/07/09, 15:24

France borrows so much money in Saudi Arabia ... it can not afford not to sell gas!
because it is not for the 10% beetroot it contains that this liquid can be less polluting ... :|
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 03/07/09, 16:18

On the other hand, to transfer the purchase of 10% of the gasoline consumption of the emirs to the local production is at first analysis a good operation of political economy:

- beet producers are satisfied
- we create jobs, we repatriate taxes
- we even create a downward trend in crude by buying less.
Last edited by elephant the 20 / 07 / 09, 17: 06, 1 edited once.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
marieagnes
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by marieagnes » 03/07/09, 16:38

you want to bet that there will be nothing "local" in the production of this fuel ?? : Cheesy:
0 x
carburologue
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by carburologue » 07/07/09, 13:13

as much to stay petrogogo as to ride with this e-10 ... :!:
0 x
approach the end, we'll all spend ... not kidding ... a little humor is good for morale ...

futuristic saying
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 07/07/09, 13:43

marieagnes wrote:you want to bet that there will be nothing "local" in the production of this fuel ?? : Cheesy:

The production and the incorporation of ethannol in the E10 is made on the French territory ...

Ethannol and all the other biofuels incorporated in France in petroleum products must be produced domestically so that the additives of this bio-fuel can be removed from the TGAP which makes this product (ethannol) profitable compared to oil. ...

I'm in the business and I guarantee you it does not laugh ...

The French ethannol is mainly from beetroot but also wine exedents and the distillation of alcohol seized customs ... that it is true is not necessarily French ...

As for the E10 ethanol rate is only about 7.60% ... The sp95 is commonly used to pumps or E5 contains 4.63% ...

For a few% more I do not see how a ric design engine will see some difference ....
0 x
carburologue
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by carburologue » 20/07/09, 16:58

there is nothing local about it ...
0 x

futuristic saying
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 20/07/09, 17:08

French ethannol is mainly made from beetroot

Even in Belgium, a superb "Biowanze" factory has just been inaugurated in Wanze, near Huy.
This factory was created in this perspective.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 20/07/09, 22:21

Elephant wrote:
By cons transfer the purchase of 10% of gasoline consumption of the emirs to local production is at first analysis a good operation of political economy

And what is beet, what if not transformed oil?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."