Bio Fuel Systems: micro algae fuel

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Christophe

Bio Fuel Systems: micro algae fuel

by Christophe » 15/09/08, 19:12

Make fuel with algae, the idea is not new but combined with the Laigret process, it would work miracles!
https://www.econologie.com/huile-carbura ... -3577.html

Who Said Oil Was Exhaustible?

The Spanish Bio Fuel Systems has developed a biofuel based on a phytoplankton containing a large concentration of oil (20% against 0,1% for sunflower seed). Its production is based on photosynthesis.

The culture of these plant cells, which reproduce by mitosis, is carried out in closed water circuits, exposed to sunlight and in the presence of air loaded with carbon dioxide. The phytoplankton treatment is then carried out using an organic solvent and a photoconverter to separate the oil from the rest of the elements intended for recycling. A surface area of ​​52 square kilometers would provide 000 million barrels of fuel per day.

Who said biofuels would never replace oil?

- 95 million barrels per day is more than the current needs of humanity
- 52 square km is a square of 000 km on the side or 228 square of 1000 km on the side ...that is to say nothing at the scale of the planet
- This fuel will not really be petroleum (pure vegetable oil), hence a winning association with the Laigret method for all that is petroleum not energy !!
https://www.econologie.com/projet-laigre ... -3917.html
0 x
toto65
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by toto65 » 17/09/08, 21:17

It's interesting but 20% is a minimum for oilseed algae.
Their site is nice but not very explicit.
http://www.biopetroleo.com/index.htm

For info:
http://ecopolis.wordpress.com/2008/03/2 ... os-pompes/
0 x
goumi
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by goumi » 19/09/08, 13:45

Hello,
I am new to the forum.
I find these new fuels based on algae rather facinantes !!
It is true that this site is rather nice: they already produce biodiesel from algae in large quantities?
0 x
carburologue
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by carburologue » 20/09/08, 09:32

I read that it was necessary to + - 20000 km2 of panel made up of algae just to supply transport in the USA. So how do you explain the 52000 km2 of consumption on a global scale ???
0 x
approach the end, we'll all spend ... not kidding ... a little humor is good for morale ...

futuristic saying
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/09/08, 09:35

I don't explain ... I analyze ...

Wouldn't the US consume around 30% of the world's oil?

So we are in the order of magnitude ... right?

In addition, depending on the strain of algae used, the method of cultivation, extraction (Laigret) and processing, yields can vary widely ...

Just as no refinery or oil well has precisely the same yields ...

Are you ok with that?
0 x
carburologue
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by carburologue » 20/09/08, 10:16

yes and no because on oleocene, I am told that it is impossible to compensate for the lack of oil in the years to come just with micro algae ...
Who's wrong, who's right???
I am all yes
0 x
approach the end, we'll all spend ... not kidding ... a little humor is good for morale ...

futuristic saying
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/09/08, 10:26

The purpose of the oleocene is to defend the "peakoil", the rise in oil prices and to a certain extent: the decrease (for others obviously) and to convey a wind of panic!

Their goal is not to defend and talk about solutions like on econo ...

I'm sorry but I think micro algae + Desertec project (thermodynamic solar) + thermal energy of the seas = SUSTAINABLE resolution of the depletion of fossil fuels.

And it is not tomorrow when oil will be expensive (it is not today) that these solutions will have to be developed! It's today !!

Shouting on the Peakoil is good but it is ultimately useless if not going around in circles ... especially since nobody knows anything about it and that the oil prices, we have just seen ( fall of 30%) are NOT linked to the fundamental Supply-Demand !!

At ASPO, most of them are former oil tankers ... it should give you an indication of their real goal .... Come on, help me: defend peakoil, wouldn't that keep prices high?
Last edited by Christophe the 20 / 09 / 08, 10: 58, 1 edited once.
0 x
carburologue
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by carburologue » 20/09/08, 10:51

you're right on a lot of points.
0 x

futuristic saying
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/09/08, 11:07

Glad to hear you say ... it's all a question of politics, today there are 2 solutions:

a) either one continues not to worry and "one" is done thanks to the petrolitics a maximum of profits on fossil fuels until the end and we leave the clash to our children

b) or, we are less stupid, and we take advantage of the energy still inexpensive today and the economy still growing (well, that is discussed but this is not the debate) to MASSIVELY develop truly sustainable solutions.

I have given you 3 examples which are the most promising: marine biomass (this topic), solar concentration (electricity or hydrogen) et thermal energy of the seas.

I do not consider neither wind nor solar photovoltaic as SUSTAINABLE solutions these 2 solutions are not sustainable in the medium term.

But do not take the tankers for idiots! All the solutions we talk about on econo (and many others) they know and study them (from near or far).

In addition, only THEIR financial means would allow them to really develop them .... Only here: they will ONLY develop the solutions that bring them the most at time X. For the moment (and for a few more years, at least 20 years) it is OIL and GAS and ONLY THESE!

you're right on a lot of points.

Waw it's beautiful !! 8) 8)
0 x
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Bio Fuel Systems: micro fuel algae

by coucou789456 » 20/09/08, 11:18

Christophe wrote:Make fuel with algae, the idea is not new but combined with the Laigret process, it would work miracles! ...
..... An area of ​​52 square kilometers would make it possible to obtain 000 million barrels of fuel per day. [/ B]

....- 52 square km is a square of 000 km on the side or 228 square of 1000 km on the side ...that is to say nothing at the scale of the planet

there are certainly special conditions of planting, depth, type of soil etc ... and the other surrounding plants, how to integrate them or disintegrate them if they generate ...
Naturally, the countries not having coastal shores, nor the adequate marine grounds would leave them for account of this new manna.

jeff
0 x