Vegetable oils animal fats: energy recycling

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Vegetable oils animal fats: energy recycling

by the middle » 05/07/08, 13:19

Oops! :? the title is too long ... but I leave it as is.
Ok, the discussion is launched, the proposals awaited.
I have too much headache to develop the idea further.

(edited by ex-océano 06/07 / 2008-22: 38: but if, we turn the sentence, we put diminutive & and qq and it holds ...)
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 05/07/08, 13:29

I'm going to put my message here suddenly.

Regarding the noise of the generators, there are silent generators but I have never seen more than 1000W.

So at worst anyone who wants to use oil in generators to make current without making too much noise can do it but it will not be a great production. Unless you combine several generators.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 05/07/08, 16:02

Matt113 wrote:I'm going to put my message here suddenly.

Regarding the noise of the generators, there are silent generators but I have never seen more than 1000W.

So at worst anyone who wants to use oil in generators to make current without making too much noise can do it but it will not be a great production. Unless you combine several generators.

There are + - 20 years I went to a building fair in Brussels, an exhibitor in acoustic insulation had installed a small "shed" without a door! (Labyrinth system)
Result: inside there was no noise, and to speak to my friend, I had to speak very loudly because all the sounds were absorbed. : Shock:
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 05/07/08, 18:06

Bonjour à tous

For sound insulation, the labyrinth system is not bad for air intake and cooling.
For the exhaust, do not set on fire ... it's more complicated.

There are insulation solutions with a thick and dense partition. On boats for touring tourists, access to the engine compartment is often "armored" with a metal sheet (kind 3 to 5 mm thick) dressed inside with a dense foam as found under car hoods . It is quite effective.

You can also "bury" the engine, as seen with a motor pump, there is only the cover to insulate (very efficient too). Engine and exhaust gas cooling is done using pump water. Moreover, the hot water produced would have a much better interest in supplying a heater or a tank since most of the energy is lost in the exhaust. : Mrgreen:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 05/07/08, 18:37

:!:
You can also "bury" the engine

It's not stupid!
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 05/07/08, 18:39

But you need a famous silencer on the exhaust.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 05/07/08, 19:36

lejustemilieu wrote:But you need a famous silencer on the exhaust.

It is easy to extend with a car silencer taken for scrap or to make a motorcycle-type absorption silencer as below.

The space on the perforated sheet side is to be filled with glass wool or packed rock. Normally this attenuates the engine noise relatively well and most of the time it is "transparent" for the performance of the engine. In the case of falling perfos or increasing consumption, it is necessary to change the length of the pipe which brings the gases to the silencer (+ or - 5 cm) just to change the "harmful" frequency generated by the pot. It should be ensured that the engine does not heat up more than usual.
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

Flytox

by Flytox » 06/07/08, 11:35

Bonjour à tous

If a diesel generator is supplied with oil or worse with grease, a minimum temperature is required so that it does not become frozen in the tank or the piping and the injection pump.

If the engine works continuously "full time" it can be started on Diesel and maintain a fuel temperature above freezing in the entire fuel circuit by using the temperature of the exhaust or the cooling system. (not too complicated)

If the operation is intermittent, with automatic start for example, but the engine has time to cool ... it is difficult to find something simple to maintain the temperature of the fuel. With a car, there is the driver who is always there, and can "manipulate" something for the heating and cooling of the engine. For a "stand-alone" installation, prevent the injection pump from being blocked by grease ... automatically and reliably ..... :frown:

At first, the simplest would be to thin the oil or the fat with ..... a product preferably non-petroleum, non-toxic, which burns well, easy and economical to supply ...
You recognized the ...... : Cry: :| . Isn't there a chemist in the room? : Mrgreen:
A+
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 06/07/08, 12:06

Response to Flytox:
Exactly, I was thinking of starting with fuel oil and using the heat from the engine to warm up the oil or "worse" :D the fat.
When it is hot we pass on oil or grease.
Run for a few hours, just to store energy.
But don't start from the "repeat start" principle
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 06/07/08, 12:17

And the best is energiestro ....
But we already talked about it
http://www.actu-environnement.com/ae/pdt/14.php4
If my memory serves me right, it's expensive ... 30.000 euros
Well, for our barge, that would be nice :!:
Solid, economical, autonomous ....