I ride the E85, petrol convertible

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
internet
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

I ride the E85, petrol convertible

by internet » 25/06/08, 23:50

: Shock: I am in reserve I must refuel ...
a station is present I do not look at the price per liter because it always hurts ...
here they make bio-ethanol out of curiosity price per liter 0.83 ct
So an idea crosses my mind ...
Since my saffron runs at 80% with rapeseed never had a single problem, would my petrol convertible coupe run on bio-ethanol?
I must have 5 liters left in the reserve I cut the engine and I put 5 liters of E85 then 5 liters of E95.
nickel start I go to the checkout.
I leave the station directly on the acceleration ring road flashing, let's go ...
for the first ten km nothing to change ...
no additional noise
no more or less smoke than before
no loss of power at first sight
but the smile on the corner of the lips
I arrive home 35 km later nothing to report
The next day cold start 16 ° dry weather nickel and traveled 10 km yes yes idling as usual ...
next step full at 40% of E85 business to follow ...

you have comments or advice do not hesitate ...
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: I ride E85

by martien007 » 26/06/08, 00:49

What year is your Safrane? which engine (electronic injection)? you did not put a kit and it works at 80%? no clicking? ..... pay attention to the valves, you should put an additive such as "additive for super unleaded" used for old engines that worked on super leaded, otherwise you risk to burn your valve seats.

Go see on forums where they talk about E85.

Here there is a subject on 205 Peugeot carburetors which run at 100% E85 without kit but modification of the nozzle and ignition advance but that we can not do it on an electronic injection, that means that the calulator is very intelligent and corrects the bio-ethanol injection by itself, it almost plays the role of flexfuel in Brazilian cars or a few French surely very rare.

PS: for the Safrane I was wrong !!! is it diesel if you run rapeseed? I do not rewrite everything but it works for your gasoline convertible coupe ... what is it like coupe (electronic inj?).
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 26/06/08, 10:16

soon we'll show you the corn rollers!

by the way do you know where this corn is planted, and what it needs as water and GMO pesticides (bt) to grow?
how long does it take to grow, what cannot be planted instead, what it releases as methane for alcoholic fermentation, the heating power for distillation, finally the fuel to transport it and everything?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/06/08, 10:25

jonule calm, rather read my last post here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/post85550.html#85550

For the question of the subject: you can drive between 40 and 50% of E85 WITHOUT KIT

We have already had several topics on this: https://www.econologie.com/forums/search.php
0 x