E85 ethanol in motor 2 time 80cm3 carbu walbro37?

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
sonysteph37
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

E85 ethanol in motor 2 time 80cm3 carbu walbro37?

by sonysteph37 » 05/03/08, 18:56

hello certain turns tils in E85 on their 2 stroke engine mine
is an 80cm3 walbro carbu I want to mix gasoline / ethanol oil in addition of course. do you have feedback thank you.
0 x
2 engines time and company
Flytox

by Flytox » 05/03/08, 23:39

Hello Sonysteph37

No experience on the E85 in 2 stages, but with the alcohol feeling it is not a good lubricant therefore increase your proportion of oil to avoid unpleasant surprises (at least 6% synthetic oil to start).
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
sonysteph37
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by sonysteph37 » 06/03/08, 10:10

oula I am at 1.8% 100% synthetic oil currently for an engine that goes up 9000t / minute see 10000 in high speed
6% is not possible in the mixture, we will go back 30 years back there the time of old mineral oils ....... !!

I will put 20% E85 to start.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/03/08, 10:23

You have to fumble ... and pray and have a piston / cylinder + tools in your backpack to go home.

Not laugh a friend did it by the roadside ... like in joebar :)
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 06/03/08, 19:04

Hello Sonysteph
sonysteph37 wrote:oula I am at 1.8% 100% synthetic oil currently for an engine that goes up 9000t / minute see 10000 in high speed
6% is not possible in the mixture, we will go back 30 years back there the time of old mineral oils ....... !!

I will put 20% E85 to start.

At 1.8% ... : Shock: Finally if you are rich and you carry your high spare engine in your bag as Christophe says .... why not?
Out of curiosity, try under strictly equal conditions to compare the top speed of your machine speed with 2, 3, 4, 5, 6% of synthetic oil and then we talk again. I will be amazed that you get the best result at 2%. The recommendation around 2% by manufacturers is to avoid the problems of scale and candles in the long run. For performance .... and to be sure not to tighten when you modify, you often need double if not more.
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

sonysteph37
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by sonysteph37 » 06/03/08, 19:32

I presice that my use of my 2 stroke 80cm3 engine is a paramotor ULM (a flying machine what) so there are some technical details which cannot apply to your experiences; but currently I am mainly inquiring about feedback and test in 2 time .thank you for your advice i have found a forum on the bike quite advanced on the subject of the use of the E85 in 2 stages ... this one
http://www.crazymoto.net/index.php?show ... E85&st=120
0 x
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by SixK » 06/03/08, 19:40

I hope you intend to enrich your mixture a little? because if it is already a little poor with ethanol it will not improve ...

I imagine that know how to adjust an engine? Do you already have bigger sprinklers ready to be fitted?

add a little oil also, it won't hurt ...
It just won't be very ecological ...

SixK
0 x
sonysteph37
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by sonysteph37 » 06/03/08, 19:43

yes after all what i saw is what to do
increase sprinklers and wealth.
wealth first.
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 06/03/08, 21:46

Flytox wrote:At 1.8% ... : Shock: Finally if you are rich and you carry your high spare engine in your bag as Christophe says .... why not?
Out of curiosity, try under strictly equal conditions to compare the top speed of your machine speed with 2, 3, 4, 5, 6% of synthetic oil and then we talk again. I will be amazed that you get the best result at 2%. The recommendation around 2% by manufacturers is to avoid the problems of scale and candles in the long run. For performance .... and to be sure not to tighten when you modify, you often need double if not more.
A+

You seem to know very little about 2-stroke: the less oil there is, the more it pulls: hey yes! (The oil only burns very badly)
There are even oils that can be used at 1% in ulm engines (Blue oil highly recommended by Hirth flugmotoren) and it works very well ... Even on competition engines we never exceed 3%. .. obviously with synthetic, Motul or Yacco among others ... (which cost candy)
When we tighten on a modern 2 stroke it is generally that the richness is insufficient, but beware, the E85 I strongly recommend it in a 2 stroke at whatever concentration, not only because of the very high risks of seizure , higher combustion temperature and corrosion because in a 2-stroke fuel the fuel goes everywhere ... and then as it also eats more as the fuel is heavier per liter, I do not see at all l interest, especially for a paramotor who already has not enough autonomy like that ...

On the other hand with a para 4 stroke engine like the Bailey why not ... but at the price of this engine, it's a big risk for not much ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 06/03/08, 22:34

Hello Chatham

Chatham wrote:You seem to know very little about 2-stroke: the less oil there is, the more it pulls: hey yes! (The oil only burns very badly)
There are even oils that can be used at 1% in ulm engines (Blue oil highly recommended by Hirth flugmotoren) and it works very well ... Even on competition engines we never exceed 3%. .. obviously with synthetic, Motul or Yacco among others ... (which cost candy)

Apparently I'm not the only one who knows nothing about it:

When I read this book in the 90s, I said to myself that it was the opposite of everything I have read in the press, motorcycle reviews etc ... about oils and 2-stroke engines . So I did the test by myself (on track and not on test bench), on my competition solex, and I found between 2 and 3 km / h better with Motul 300V 2T at 4% instead of 2% ..... On the book, the best power curve is obtained with a mixture of 6.2¨%!

You will object that since the oils have made progress .... certainly ... in my opinion we can repeat the test ... I am confident.

A+
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]