Biocar: the emission of clean vehicles

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Biocar: the emission of clean vehicles

by jean63 » 09/01/08, 08:53

It's a video :

http://www.autodeclics.com/php2/dynamic ... OP&id=1562

- Lexus hybrid
- Michelin green tires- 1st public CNG pump at Carrefour
- Eco driving : engine brake, stop the engine at red light, ... etc ... instructions given by a La Poste trainer.
- Manufacture of ethanol in a factory in Origny.

Next month: review of the E85.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/01/08, 10:27

Bio version of Turbo from M6?

As for the magazine Auto organic the term "BIO" CAR bothers me enormously, I think this term is bordering onescrology...
: Evil:

Your 1st example of the 300 hp hybrid Lexus (sorry I'm not interested in these road shits at all) confirms my fears ... as does the conclusion "how to drive CLEAN" by changing your behavior ... a purely statement gratuitous and deceptive ...

I bet the E85 will be miraculously excellent ...

By replacing Bio with Pipo we will be closer to the truth
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/01/08, 10:30

Here it makes me think!

The yoghurts named ORGANIC had to change their name because it misled the public ...

And pkoi not the same in other areas? I hope that the BIO players are in the process of appealing ... because soon EVERYTHING will be ORGANIC (PIPO) at this rate !!

ps: Jean, it's only the title that bothers me, for the content it is obviously better than the Turbo and others ... even if the conclusions are hasty ...
Last edited by Christophe the 09 / 01 / 08, 10: 57, 1 edited once.
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 09/01/08, 10:47

attives ...

hasty (haste) ... you even need a ^

for the bio okay; that didn "t prevent SAAB from calling its car running on E85" Biopower "!!!

What surprises me about eco-driving is using the engine brake; I tend to do it but it seems that we consume more fuel which if we brake .. ??
Shutting down the engine after 12 seconds of shutdown would be profitable ... for gasoline I think?
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/01/08, 10:57

jean63 wrote:
attives ...

hasty (haste) ... you even need a ^

Corrected :)

jean63 wrote:for the bio okay; that didn "t prevent SAAB from calling its car running on E85" Biopower "!!!

It is different since it uses a biofuel (well an Agrofuel rather) ... so it offends me less and this name is legitimate ...

On the other hand, using BIO to speak of a Lexus that runs 100% on petrol, it's called breach of trust! I really want to file a complaint with UFC that choosing would like on the other hand it's not my problem (it's that of BIOs) !!

jean63 wrote:What surprises me about eco-driving is using the engine brake; I tend to do it but it seems that we consume more fuel which if we brake .. ??
Shutting down the engine after 12 seconds of shutdown would be profitable ... for gasoline I think?

We already discussed it there are the pros and cons ... you should ask Bucheron :)

No kidding for the MOTOR BRAKE: it depends on the age of your vehicle (on recent ones it cuts 100% not on older diesel).

But there is a difference between USING INERTIA (when the vehicle is started we disengage so as not to brake the car with the engine brake) and the ENGINE BRAKE. People often confuse the two ...
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 09/01/08, 11:10

jean63 wrote:
What surprises me about eco-driving is using the engine brake; I tend to do it but it seems that we consume more fuel which if we brake .. ??

On a modern vehicle, there is an injection cutout in engine brake mode: consumption = 0
The engine shutdown is already profitable from 4 seconds, but on a vehicle originally intended for that as eg. my C2 stop and start which uses an alternator-starter (the electric motor is driven by a belt and restarts the engine instantly and without noise: it reminds of "Dynastarts" of the 30s ... : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/01/08, 11:12

Chatham wrote:already profitable from 4 seconds

Ah! This is the 1st time that I FINALLY see a precise value on this very "controversial" question. Question: where does this value come from?

And what does inertia chatam think?
0 x