Tips for Driving in e85 without kit

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
gab
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Tips for Driving in e85 without kit

by gab » 05/09/07, 10:16

that's it i'm going to take the plunge!

yesterday when I got home I almost died of a heart attack while passing in front of the petrol pump ....
they just installed ethanol

so it's decided
we will try
I have an old panda from 1992 and a 6 month old logan
I will start with the panda (even if a priori the e85 does not screw up anything)

for the moment no adapter, I read on the forum that someone was driving 50/50 ...

Do you have any advice?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/09/07, 10:18

A priori up to 40% is good without kit (good = good combustion and no overconsumption) but there is a risk with cold starts even at 40% ... it is case by case in fact .

Too many parameters are at stake: your region, your engine and the wear of your car are the main ...

We already have some testimonies on the forum, do not hesitate to use this page: https://www.econologie.com/forums/search.php
0 x
gab
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gab » 05/09/07, 10:33

ok i will read that

my panda sleeps in a garage and i live in normandy, not very cold but at the moment the fleet !!!!!

I thought I would start with 30% at the start just to see ...
0 x
gab
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gab » 07/09/07, 11:14

since last night my panda has been driving with 50% ethanol

I noted the mileage

what made me happy is to buy 25l for a month of 20 euros it reminds me of the good old days !!!!

for my other car, I think I will install the LPG there. I'm waiting for quotes to make a decision!
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 08/09/07, 23:57

gab wrote:since last night my panda has been driving with 50% ethanol

I noted the mileage

what made me happy is to buy 25l for a month of 20 euros it reminds me of the good old days !!!!

for my other car, I think I will install the LPG there. I'm waiting for quotes to make a decision!

I have been driving LPG for 9 years.

Apart from the cost of installation (I have not paid since already installed. Vehicle paid for the purchase of second-hand 28000 francs / R25 GTX 2,2 l / 160000 km). At the time, the LPG kit installed cost 13000 francs with an 80-liter tank in the trunk (72 liters maximum usable). Today this car at 310000 kms and still runs on LPG with the same engine (supposedly it destroys the valve seats ... : Lol: ).

Please note: with LPG over-consumption of 20% or even 25%, but 0,70 euros / liter. I am very satisfied with it and the distribution network is quite dense except that very often it is impossible to use it alone with a bank card (problem at night when the stations are closed without anyone at the cash desk). When refueling it is very nice to put 60 liters for 44 euros (last refueling ... I stop when I find a station before being completely dry).

LPG is no longer considered "clean" because it is derived from petroleum, but it does not cause the price panic allegedly linked to biofuels like E85.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
gab
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gab » 10/09/07, 12:24

for my panda this morning she had a hard time starting, I told myself that 18l for a tank of 40, it must have been too big for her. (it usually starts a quarter turn!), in short I have to make some adjustments.

for my logan, I could not resist I put 5 liters there (phew it did not explode :P )

otherwise for the LPG it becomes clear I had 2 quotes
one at 3300 and the other at 2800 (the difference seems to be explained by the origin of the material, one Dutch the other Italian)

there is a history of lubricant, but if someone can explain to me why lpg dries the engine thank you ...
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 10/09/07, 23:06

gab wrote:for my panda this morning she had a hard time starting, I told myself that 18l for a tank of 40, it must have been too big for her. (it usually starts a quarter turn!), in short I have to make some adjustments.

for my logan, I could not resist I put 5 liters there (phew it did not explode :P )

otherwise for the LPG it becomes clear I had 2 quotes
one at 3300 and the other at 2800 (the difference seems to be explained by the origin of the material, one Dutch the other Italian)

there is a history of lubricant, but if someone can explain to me why lpg dries the engine thank you ...

3000 euros to install the LPG is expensive, to amortize it will have to roll a lot !! I will not embark on this adventure. My R25 is equipped with Italian gear and it has been working without problems for 9 years (original engine = 310000 km) while driving a maximum on LPG.
It was necessary to make some adjustments of valves because the seat wears a little, but the car is from 1989. On recent cars, I believe that the valve seats are more resistant.

To know the reason for the drying will see on the sites specialized in the GPL (search in google) there is very precise info on the subject and very competent connoisseurs.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
gab
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gab » 11/09/07, 09:03

ok I will see

in terms of price, this is a priori the rate in France, but I can beneicier a tax credit of EUR 2000 of which would put me in my gpl 800euros (pretty competitive!)

level maintenance, how it happens with lpg car?
0 x
Exceed
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Exceed » 11/09/07, 11:35

Hi Gab,
How much do you find it per liter, ethanol?

A + Serge.
0 x
Respect !!!
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/09/07, 11:39

FYI, I saw my 1st E85 Pump in Strasbourg at 0.83 € / L at Total
0 x