Speculation in energy wood briquettes and pellets

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Christophe

Speculation in energy wood briquettes and pellets

by Christophe » 05/07/07, 10:47

I came across a price tag of compressed wood briquette (large pellets-granulated 6-7 cm diameter on 8 12 cm long).

255 € the Ton (about) + 80 € of port : Shock: = 335 € / Ton
In energy equivalent fuel this would be roughly: 0,67 € / L : Evil:

They are very nice the seller of wood but if we report this price to the energy contained in the wood (in the best case: less than 10% humidity) ...We get a price per kWh more expensive than oil!

It is unacceptable! : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:

I reported this fact to ITEBE, who responded cordially and I should get more detailed explanations in a while!

ps: Rulian will soon be able to inspect our stock of briquette bought a price defying any concurence at the sawmill of the village :)
Last edited by Christophe the 05 / 07 / 07, 13: 25, 2 edited once.
0 x
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 05/07/07, 13:08

Hello,
It is the same for my brother-in-law, he has made inquiries with a manufacturer of wooden staircase of the corner (Isère), it is not what not to do with the sawdust (that it already compacts ) but also fallen ... and he does not have time to valorsier all that, he is very happy when it comes to take him
0 x
The absurdities of yesterday are the truths of today and tomorrow banalities.
(Alessandro Marandotti)
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/07/07, 13:14

All the more reason not to sell briquettes at sick prices! : Evil:

Unless the middlemen are just ... tankers ...

The largest Alsatian distributor of pellets sells oil also... so necessarily prices are piped upwards ...

The shareholders of Alsace Pellets are, on the one hand, a group of family businesses whose activities concern paper and wood (Cartonnages Siegwald SARL, Embalbois Services SARL, etc.) and, on the other hand, a regional distributor of petroleum products (Etablissements Joseph Wallach SAS).

Good prices are slightly cheaper than briquettes:
Free Shipping 6 Pellets mm, from 2 tons per blower truck.

Total invoice = (price per tonne x quantity delivered) + (25 € x number of depots)

Order price as of 01 July 2007 of the ton of pellets delivered:

* Alsace, territory of Belfort: 190 €

Gold 1 Ton = equivalent to 500L of fuel at best ...
So we are 35% cheaper than oil is better than briquettes ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/07/07, 13:31

I take advantage of this subject to tell you about a new magazine:

This Bioenergy International n ° 1 is the first issue in normal format of 32 pages of your new French-speaking magazine dedicated entirely to the bioenergy market. Launched at the BOIS ENERGIE trade fair in Orléans last April, number 0 "discovery" aroused enthusiasm and many of you have already taken out a subscription to closely follow the economic and technical news of your sector. .

This issue presents three completely unpublished information documents: the first map of French-speaking pellet producers, the first monthly index of the price of wood pellets in France and a special report on the new granules of agricultural origin.

http://www.bioenergieinternational.com/
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 24/03/08, 15:18

Alsace is pellets in liquidation, following the fire of their dryer and part of the stock.
Well, that's what they say.
However, they never managed to produce a decent quality, and people did not want it anymore.
This fire is really good!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/03/08, 15:41

I learned the info by chance this weend by Christine's cousin who came past a weend in the Belgian Ardennes is who is also registered at forum (Jessle).

This fire happened at the "right time" and was a happy coincidence ...

a) From what I had read: Alsace Pellets belonged mostly to oil sellers ...

b) Not to mention the quality, they have never made interesting rates so that most Alsatians stocked up in Germany (delivery gratos in a rayson of 200km while Alsace pellet it was 30 km max, after invoiced).

I doubt that a) and b) are not related ...

A height when the Pellets market explodes see: https://www.econologie.com/la-production ... -3698.html
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 24/03/08, 20:53

The article dates a little. Here are some more recent figures, taken on bois-de-chauffage.net:
France alone accounts for nearly 45 wood pellet production units, mostly sawmills, but this number is increasing significantly each year. The largest units are Cogra, SAS Fountain of Troughs, Savoie Pan, Sofag, Archimbaud Sciere, Green Deshy, Eurodesi, Alsace Pellets, Biowood, Natural Energy DEshydrom, Cooperative de Bie, Cooperative Desydratation, Piveauteau, Svitar, Wood Pellet Ind. in St loup, Haut Doubs Pellet, EO2 ...

The production of pellets would have increased by about 30% between 2007 and 2006 in France (for a total of about 200 000 tons produced in 2007, of which 25% is exported, remember that this production was still almost zero in 2001 and 2002 according to figures from Itebe Wels).

I do not think that the fact that Wallach is a fuel salesman has anything to do with it. After all, that it sells fuel oil or pellet is of no importance to them, as long as it generates fuel, and a conversion is essential to survive with the current prices of fuel oil.
in my opinion, there was bad management, lack of quality research, and finally messy exit. all in the same mediocrity ...
0 x

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."