HVB boiler burners

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
jc-tergal
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

HVB boiler burners

by jc-tergal » 31/03/07, 01:27

By going to the site http://www.labelbuche.com I saw on the first page a link for hvb burners. What do you think?
I also saw on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... otohosting

what bothers me is the possible smell for the neighborhood. Worse, I am more interested in a plate boiler but just changing the burner of my current boiler with an oil but which also uses fuel oil I like it anyway ...
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: burners vhaudiere HVB

by the middle » 31/03/07, 08:10

jc-tergal wrote:By going to the site http://www.labelbuche.com I saw on the first page a link for hvb burners. What do you think?
I also saw on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... otohosting

what bothers me is the possible smell for the neighborhood. Worse, I am more interested in a plate boiler but just changing the burner of my current boiler with an oil but which also uses fuel oil I like it anyway ...

Trawl,
A few months ago, I bought this oil burner.
It is a ventury system.
I rotated it with oil recovered from restaurants, and filtered at + -50µ.
It started 1/4 turn, but yes, there is a nasty smell. (The neighbors were not happy.)
After 15 days of use, I started to have problems starting up ,,,,,
After 3 weeks I checked the inside of the boiler; it was very dirty, with a pool of oil at the bottom. : Shock:
I had a hard time cleaning the boiler, because this dirt was sticky, and not dry like with fuel oil.
I contacted the seller, who told me that I should either use pure oil bought from the farm, or filter my oil stronger. : Shock:
He also offered to install a ceramic nozzle on the burner. : Shock:
I saw that other people on the net, were not happy with the result (same problems).
Personally, I think that a thin sticky layer forms on the nose of the injector, in addition, there are micro drops of unburned oil, which stick to the body of the boiler.
Conclusion, I transformed this burner into a ball burner, on the principle that André explains on this site.
The first tests are encouraging, and the final assembly is almost finished. (I will make a video when everything is operational)
So, beware ... on the ventury burners ...
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 31/03/07, 18:04

Thank you "lejustemilieu" for this precious feedback.
lejustemilieu wrote:
...... but indeed, there is a nasty smell. (the neighbors were not happy.) ...
it's so nasty that it smells like French fries ???
Apparently, it's a bit of a scam this burner on the net, no. Not in point anyway.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 31/03/07, 19:46

bham wrote:Thank you "lejustemilieu" for this precious feedback.
lejustemilieu wrote:
...... but indeed, there is a nasty smell. (the neighbors were not happy.) ...
it's so nasty that it smells like French fries ???
Apparently, it's a bit of a scam this burner on the net, no. Not in point anyway.

The oil comes from a Chinese restaurant, it didn't smell of fries, it was an unpleasant smell, and the seller did not dare to contradict me.
By cons, with the ball burner, and the same oil .. more smell!
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 01/04/07, 06:41

lejustemilieu wrote: The oil comes from a Chinese restaurant, it didn't smell of fries, it was an unpleasant smell, and the seller did not dare to contradict me.
By cons, with the ball burner, and the same oil .. more smell!

Ah nice for the ball burner.
Do you know what Chinese oil is? vegetable oil (which)? or crushed dog oil butchered alive : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: ?
0 x

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."