Australia giving lessons

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Australia giving lessons

by elephant » 22/02/07, 08:44

Press release cematin on the RTBF website

http://www.rtbf.be/info/international/ARTICLE_072457

Australia sets itself up as a lesson giver

Australia has announced that it will replace conventional light bulbs by 2010 with energy-saving light bulbs. An idea that seduces the federal Minister of the Environment. Bruno Tobbak hopes that the subject will be raised during the federal government's negotiations this year and that the progressive ban on traditional light bulbs be added to the list of measures in the Kyoto plan.
print send to a friend
21 Feb 2007 15:42

An announcement effect that does not lack spice. In terms of climate, Australia is not among the best students on the planet. Like the United States, it has refused to ratify the Kyoto Protocol to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Like the United States, it believes that this Kyoto Protocol handicaps its economy and that there is no question for it to make efforts if the emerging countries, China and India, in particular, do not.

Today, Australia stands as a lesson giver. It claims a world first. She says banning traditional light bulbs around the world could cut electricity consumption by five times Australia's annual needs. In the meantime, this measure should allow Australia to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions by four million tonnes per year by 2012. Not even 1% of the emissions recorded in 2004

I love this type of news:

1) we are tackling a minority energy expenditure while this part of the problem must above all be a question of management (lighting design, time limitation, user behavior, etc.)
2) in each eco bulb ... there is mercury ....... and do not rely too much on the motivation of the general public to eliminate this kind of waste properly in a country with such a low population density
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 22/02/07, 09:11

I do not know if it is the density that plays, but education, right ??

Ex: dog poop. It can even differ from neighborhood to neighborhood.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 22/02/07, 09:37

no connection, but go to the container park when you raise sheep in the bush and the nearest neighbor is 20 kilometers away!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 22/02/07, 10:34

Quetsches,

Disagree, droppings are also waste and c because some people have been educated about their nuisance and have accepted that it bothers others that they manage to not pollute the sidewalk with their dog.

Nothing to do with density, look André. He lives in a sparse country and yet it concerns him a brown.

In addition if you tell your peasant farmer, beware this mercury will pollute your water ........ give it to us, we will "buy it" from you. In short, it will be settled, with a little luck he will keep it like gold in a bar.
0 x
sebarmageddon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by sebarmageddon » 22/02/07, 11:07

why not do that also in france?
it might not be a big reduction in consumption, but it might be a "awareness" effect for people
especially that I know some who say that eco bulbs c is shit, and who keep their normal bulbs that consume too much, while complaining that people at home leave the lights on all the time .... : Shock:

when dog poop is still more natural than light bulbs

a+
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 22/02/07, 11:28

my purpose is not to say it's natural, it doesn't have it.

My point is to say that pollution impedes the smooth running of a system

Next to find out what is natural and what does not.
A bulb is well created by man with materials from nature!
0 x
sebarmageddon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by sebarmageddon » 22/02/07, 12:34

freddau, i hope you didn't take what i said wrong?

otherwise, it’s on a dung on a sidewalk, if you walk in, it annoys the system, but it’s worse if you slide on it, because it stops it : Cheesy:
personally, it would disturb me less to see a droppings on a sidewalk, than to see a bulb with these small pieces of glass everywhere, the problem for me is mainly at the level of the faster degradation of the droppings than the bulb, the bulb polluting so much more (well it's my opinion)

why are there not light bulbs, as we find for batteries to recycle?

a+
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 22/02/07, 12:56

A few months ago, I made a big anger (via an ecological municipal councilor)

at the container park, they have a container for fluorescent tubes, but they referred me to "bulky household items" with my old eco lamps. Reason: it does not pay off!
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 22/02/07, 15:08

No,

I didn't take it badly.
It is the net that distorts.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 22/02/07, 15:58

Hello
elephant wrote:A few months ago, I made a big anger (via an ecological municipal councilor)

at the container park, they have a container for fluorescent tubes, but they referred me to "bulky household items" with my old eco lamps. Reason: it does not pay off!

The simple reason that the fuoresecents are recycled separately there is mercury in small quantity in each tubes and also the white powder, in the factory where I worked, there was a special trash can a hole in the cover an engine with a small chain that chops the fluorescent and a ventilation system to prevent dust exit, it was in the early 90s.
For the recovery of filament slamps it is the tuungstene which interests them not by recology but by economy especially since it is trarely pure tungsten it adds rare metals in minute quantities 1% and that is expensive and we do not know not what these metals (ium) do for health.
Andre
0 x

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."