100.000 t of biodiesel from animal fat

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Christophe

100.000 t of biodiesel from animal fat

by Christophe » 25/01/07, 21:59

The oil refining group Daudruy Van Cauwenberghe will start next week building a biodiesel plant in Dunkirk, one of three planned in the region.

DVC will create a subsidiary, Nord-Ester, to operate this plant, to be commissioned at the end of the year, which will produce 100.000 tons of biodiesel per year from animal fats. The investment is 25 million euros. Asked about the competition of Total and Diester Industry, which will also be established in the region, Mr. Daudruy said that "everyone will find his place. Quotas allocated by the government to producers cover the needs of the market.

Diester Industrie (Sofiprotéol group) is going to produce 250.000 t of biodiesel per year in a unit in Cappelle-la-Grande (North), using rapeseed and sunflower oils. The plant will begin its activity in 2008, and represents an investment of 40 million euros. As for Total, in accordance with a memorandum of understanding signed with the Finnish Neste Oil in July 2005, it is in "final phase of study" for the construction of a biodiesel unit in Mardyck (North), where it is already refining petrol.

This plant, whose date of entry into service is not known, would produce 200.000 tons per year from palm oil and animal fats. It could cost 200 million euros, according to the daily Les Echos, a figure that the group has not confirmed. The government wants to go from a production of 400.000 tons of biodiesel in 2005 to 2,3 million tons in 2008.

Source: http://www.pleinchamp.com/article/detai ... e&pub_id=2
0 x
paotop
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by paotop » 27/01/07, 09:37

I chatted the other day with an Englishman who was selling a device to make bio-diesel and he told me he had customers who used it with animal fat ...

why not, after all it's an industrial waste like any other, but 200 000 tons of palm oil .... : Evil: ... long live deforestation, clearing and intensive cultivation :frown:
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 27/01/07, 23:56

paotop wrote:[...] but 200 000 tons of palm oil .... : Evil: ... long live deforestation, clearing and intensive cultivation :frown:
Yes, this is the limit of these "fatty" biofuels ... Palm oil imported (from far away) from countries where its cultivation replaces primary forest which is the habitat of one of our closest cousins ​​... :|

Long live the HVB that grows 100 km from my home !!!
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
aidiv
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by aidiv » 28/01/07, 00:10

Hello, this afternoon I saw a report on france3 (broadcast "life from here at 15:55) where it was subject for fishermen to run the boat engine with animal fat, they checked at 30 % then now it runs at 100%. They also talked about gasoline vehicles, the 3 cyl diesel engine with rapeseed oil pump injector (invented 25 years ago), it is devoid of radiator cooling liquid etc. . there is even an encouragement from chirac at the time which said "continue like this you will go far it is a very good idea", another report on the company valenergol which explains that the politician is hiding behind the customs code for let him get bogged down with his justice issues.
he was also a subject in the municipality of community (I know or) who disagreed with the prefecture because the latter refused the com com rotates the garbage truck has hvb. they say nothing about the community there was 9000 followers who converted to the hvb

here is
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 28/01/07, 01:08

There are already two different topics that talk about this report on F3 (Christophe, a little household?) And concerning the community of communes of Villeneuve-sur-Lot, there are also topics already in place.
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 28/01/07, 06:59

paotop wrote =>
why not, after all it is an industrial waste like any other, but 200 000 tons of palm oil .... ... long live deforestation, clearing and intensive cultivation

this is very serious: in Indonesia they destroy flora and fauna to plant palm trees, because it pays and it will bring back.

aidiv => I also saw the same story as you.

Christophe => Explain to me who will use this biodiesel since it is banned in France?

Perhaps it is for our German neighbors who have "biodiesel" pumps?
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 28/01/07, 20:47

jean63 wrote:[...]Christophe => Explain to me who will use this biodiesel since it is banned in France?

Perhaps it is for our German neighbors who have "biodiesel" pumps?
It is not the use of "biodiesel" (ie EMHV, or EEHV) which is prohibited in France, it is that of HBV.

In France, "biodiesel" will probably be used as a 30% blend in a fuel called "B30".
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 28/01/07, 23:25

right ..... OK.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 28/01/07, 23:41

Hello

I use Mac Donald Oil Filtered Cruise Artisanally. so of the HDRDMDFA is it forbidden? : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 29/01/07, 01:13

If you heat it up, your acronym is missing a "C" ... : Mrgreen:
0 x

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."