Combustion of biodiesel

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
ryan
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Combustion of biodiesel

by ryan » 15/01/07, 15:28

Hello
In the context of VSE we have chosen to compare diesel and biodiesel.
However for the question of the release of CO2 we do not manage to find an exploitable experience.
We have thought about the billan equation for the combustion of biodiesel but we have not found this one.
I kindly ask you to help us because the final deadline is approaching.
Thank you
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 15/01/07, 15:38

Hello, I think that comparing the CO² release at the outlet of the pot is a bad manipulation,

"The pollution of an engine is not measured by its direct releases from the pot, but by the origin and destination of the polluting molecules."

http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid= ... =biodiesel

"If we take from oil and gas reserves, then we eject particles (CO2) into the atmosphere. in this case there is an imbalance between absorption and production, in the ecosystem;"

"in the case of the use of a truly organic fuel
then as the sampling is done in the ecosystem (the plant needs a lot of Carbon to synthesize its own organic matter through photosynthesis) and the release is done in nature. the balance is therefore balanced. "

in fact, it does not matter how much CO² leaves the pot, as long as it does not come from oil or gas reserves.

do you understand what i mean?

ps: biodiesel (or its commercial brand diester) is not really organic because to manufacture it we resort to the use of alcohol often of petroleum origin.
see : http://www.oliomobile.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=67
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
ryan
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ryan » 15/01/07, 16:14

Yes I understand. Basically for biodiesel it has no pollution.
And for diesel it is necessary to find the rejecting components which are polluting.
So the balance sheet equation does not serve me for pollution but I also need it to calculate the yield of each.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 15/01/07, 17:44

I posted on the econology blog a short summary on the CO2 cycle and a little experience to better visualize and understand it.

These 2 subjects could perhaps better understand the interest of organic fuels.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 19/01/07, 01:51

Absolutely, my dear Targol!

Okay Ryan I hope you understood that there is nothing simple to "measure" to compare a fuel from biomass (or Biography-fuel...) with a fuel from a fossil resource ...

So exit the experience for the TPE.

Also, can you clarify what you mean by "calculate the return for each"? : Shock:
For pollutant releases, generally what is measured is: CO, HC, NOx, PM (compounds taken into account by the EURO emission standards) and CO2.

For your equation, the alkane representative of diesel is cetane (C16).
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
ryan
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ryan » 20/01/07, 19:11

No I misunderstood myself by the yield but just the difference in energy released to know which is the most effective
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 20/01/07, 19:25

ryan wrote:No I misunderstood myself by the yield but just the difference in energy released to know which is the most effective

in theory about 5/100 to the advantage of GO, on the road we don't see the difference.

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Other

by Other » 20/01/07, 19:58

Hello Zac

You give a little advance on the injection pump, when you run at 100% oil or you put the settings of the manufacturer?
Because in oil it takes more than diesel in my case
it looks like with the panton I get better at diesel 6.5 liters and with oil 7,2 liters I have not managed to drop above 7 liters
with the 300TD it is true that in oil I whip the horse a little more to keep it warm.

Andre
0 x
zac

by zac » 20/01/07, 20:15

hi André

I add 30 bars of pressure to the injector and on the rotary pumps I increase the idle a little so that it is more stable when cold. That's all.

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)

This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 21/01/07, 00:45

ryan wrote:No I misunderstood myself by the yield but just the difference in energy released to know which is the most effective
Generally, this is expressed with the PCI (42 kJ / kg for diesel)
I know that there are measurements made for PVH (36 kJ / kg for rapeseed for example), but with biodiesel, I don't know ...
Do some research on the Net.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."