Mets oil!

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
lapi
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Mets oil!

by lapi » 02/09/04, 09:56

I saw on both sides
people who turn their tide
with different vegetable oils
and your choice, different tastes
a car with fried taste
fried fish
and more
but what is interesting is that a guy
was spinning 100%
with costs around 300 euros
and as a result a consumption going from 8 liters ad after his statements 3,5
liters
why not study this idea
on this a +
0 x
Philflam
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Philflam » 11/09/04, 08:17

Hi Lapi,

if you have the details that interests us ...
0 x
lapi
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by lapi » 11/09/04, 09:06

Hello
this is what i found
http://membres.lycos.fr/operationtournesol/util.htm
the explanations are simple
you should know that oil is as expensive as diesel
and there is an association that takes care of making your oil
http://www.roulemafleur.free.fr/index.htm
on this a +
0 x
dge
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by dge » 14/09/04, 10:21

This weekend (12/09) I went to the eco festival of the center. the association "Roule ma fleur" which was to be presented was not there. :(
On the other hand, there was a young farmer with his Misubshi from the 80s who ran on 100% self-produced sunflower oil. its tractors also run on this fuel.

A small can of diesel, a simple plumbing T and two valves allow it to switch from one fuel to another. This system is especially useful for the winter because if it stops with sunflower oil when it is cold, it is very difficult for it to restart the next day.

At an individual level, he is very happy with his system. But if it became widespread, what would be the consequences? It is clear that an intensive cultivation of sunflower for fuel would have catastrophic consequences on the environment. However, according to "Roll my flower" the calculation gives the following results: For an average diesel vehicle (6 to 7 liters per 100) running 100% in oil, it takes 1 hectar to cover 12500 km. there, you quickly understand that if all the diesels were turning to vegetable oil, we would not have finished following sunflower fields on the holiday route.

Personally I live in the countryside and I am well tempted by the experience. Find one or two farmers, set up an association, buy a grinder and .... roll my flower. But hey, if it becomes widespread, I'm afraid it will suck. I already imagine transgenic sunflowers stuffed with chemical fertilizers as far as the eye can see: wacko:
0 x
lapi
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by lapi » 28/09/04, 09:42

Hello
did you listen to inter last saturday
they talked about it saying that it could do this particularly in the north where agriculture would be in distress
and at the same time provide jobs
a+
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 17/08/06, 22:41

I had fun going for a very old subject.
Attention André! Competition comes from the South ...
---------

A report (which is worth what it is worth), on the use of frying oil on vehicles in the USA
on FR2, 20 p.m. newspaper:
http://jt.france2.fr/20h
Click on BIOFUELS
in the right menu.
---------
With 24l, I understand that he wants to consume less ...
Positive point in the USA: we say that we do not want to be dependent on outside producers, that we are a patriot, and we roll in frying oil ... and we are not bothered by the taxman!
:?: In France, even with a tricolor flag in the four corners of the car, I don't know if it would work well ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 17/08/06, 22:49

and then, you imagine, growing sunflower will be so profitable, that we will no longer make wheat, cows, potatoes, ...

we will be able to drive, but we will have to starve! : Lol:

anyway, "the" solution does not exist, but

a little juggling
economy here,
insulation there,
telephone instead of traveling,

we will end up consuming less while waiting for better :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 18/08/06, 15:58

If you are not equipped and you do not know what to do with the rest, it is not even worth investing in it when you have less than 30ha.

strongly systems with overunit; meanwhile: bike bike!
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/08/06, 16:13

Punaiz this is Topic unearthing!
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 09/09/06, 05:42

Hello
Well that's it the fistons rolled in oil for a few years, the father went there and put, although I did the montages on the jetta to the son I took a little experience, and as I 've wanted to solve some problem in order to function in 100% and it is peanut oil (it freezes easily) but it has a good smell.
summer is relatively easy if we respect certain rules so as not to have mechanical problems (we had them last year) at the beginning we worked with small ratios
and then we end up no longer measuring and this approaches 80% and more of oil, a cool night and this is where it starts, a hasty filtration.ect ..

basically I placed a 25 liter outboard tank in the thick steel trunk, I modified it for the pressurized with an outlet on the turbo (the oil is thick to arrive by a small 3/8 pipe in front,
I keep the original 80 liter tank for diesel
I made two coolant heaters
I will explain why in a specific post
I eliminated the return to the tank to make a fuel loop in a small 1 liter tank,
I always start on diesel and when the engine reaches 80c the oil follows more slowly 60 c I transfer to the oil and it is not long that it goes up to more than 70c (the thermometer stops it)
and we drive, with the pant it makes an engine that almost does not smell the exhaust oil. Thing bizard with diesel oil mixtures it smelled more oil than 100% oil. 6 km before arrival I transfer to diesel.
The challenge is to make it work at relatively cold temperatures, not in the middle of winter it is -25 it would be hard to want to walk with margarine.
Although on a long journey it is feasible, but you must at least be able to empty this butter and especially to pump it, the beautiful little grease pumps do not run the streets (vane or gear pumps, walk up 'has a certain fluidity)
What I did different from (oily), I used the hot return to make a siphon pump (venturi) to get cold oil and bring it in the loop.
I made another principle of exchanger with two thermostats or at least use the large duct which goes to the radiator, instead of bypassing the heater .. which has the disadvantage at full power to overheat the engine. (all that is bypassed on the radiator does not pass through the radiator)

but what is interesting is that a guy
was spinning 100%
with costs around 300 euros
and as a result a consumption going from 8 liters ad after his statements 3,5
liters

It is not the observation that I made the consumption and higher with oil than diesel with a panton in both cases

Andre
0 x