Reviews of the book Biogas - practical manual

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
mandrieu
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Reviews of the book Biogas - practical manual

by mandrieu » 23/02/16, 11:09

Hello,

I wanted to know if anyone had bought this book to get an opinion. The guy who wrote it apparently made a biogas scrubber to drive with his car in self-build mode. It interests me because I have a vehicle GNV, I have access to organic matter and the station is too far!
thank you for your feedback.
have a good day
0 x
Christophe

Re: Review of the book Biogas - manual partic

by Christophe » 23/02/16, 11:56

Welcome here.

I do not know this book.

Do you have a NGV vehicle for you or LPG? Because it's not the same thing technologically ...
0 x
mandrieu
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: book review Biogas - practical manual

by mandrieu » 27/02/16, 22:12

Hello,

Yes I have a GNV berlingo. I know the difference well. So I ordered the book! I would make a return when I read it.
have a good day.
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/02/16, 22:18

That right!

So you have a famous (and unknown) CNG compressor station at home?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 27/02/16, 22:29

if you want an opinion on a book you should give a more precise reference

compress the methane to fill a tank at 200 bar is not a joke ... a book will not be enough
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/02/16, 22:32

This is not a joke, but it was tested life-size by GDF a few years ago ... with a commercial failure cooking it seems to me :(
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 27/02/16, 23:29

technically it's not impossible! the big compressor exist, and no physical principle forbids to make small compressor ... the problem is that there is none in the trade and it will build everything!

the thing that gdf tried to sell was to compress methane of gdf, already clean enough not to pose a problem ... with bio methane there is the problem of purification in addition: the least impurity of the gas will make corrosion in the steel tank at 200 bar with risk of explosion

there is of course a new solution with plastic and carbon fiber tank
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/02/16, 23:33

This article is from 2005 !! That makes 11 years so: https://www.econologie.com/c3-gnv-au-gaz ... s-912.html
But it was a "commercial" flop ...

The Citroën CNG C3 recharged by the Natural Gas.

Key words: CNG, city gas, natural gas, C3, Citroën, recharge, compression, home

Convinced of the benefits of natural gas as fuel, Citroën is partnering with Gaz de France to design a bi C3 works with gas. You can refuel at home, in your own garage! From spring 2005.

Over the last four years, the PSA Group has made real efforts to protect the environment. First big blow, the particle filter which has since become the competition. If the two brands of the group benefit, this accessory is especially associated with Peugeot that draws all the fruits in terms of image.

Not to be outdone, Citroën has made a lot of talk this year with its C3 Stop & Start, capable of cutting its engine at red lights. Comparatively, its C3 1.4 Natural Gas study, which was also exhibited at the Paris Motor Show, aroused much less interest from the general public. Is it due to a confusion in the minds between CNG and LPG? Explanations.

Connect your C3 the wall compressor and CNG filling begins. And this at home.

CNG (Natural Gas Vehicle) differs from LPG (liquefied petroleum gas) by its state: naturally gaseous for the first, liquid from refining for the second. The GNV is actually the equivalent embedded in your car propane gas or butane that you use to cook (in returnable bottles or network).

NGV is not a new fuel. More than 400.000 vehicles adopted it in Italy, champion of Europe in the matter. That explains the presence in the Fiat catalog of the Multipla Natural Power running on gas. France is already in the third row behind Germany thanks to the bus fleets and urban maintenance vehicles converted to NGV.

Main advantage of the CNG: it reduces CO20 emissions by about 2% compared to gasoline and it emits neither sulfur oxides nor lead.

Another point not to neglect in France where the distribution network is not very developed on our roads, the GNV can be obtained more easily than the LPG. While there are still fewer stations offering NGV than LPG, full NGV can be done from a domestic source. Understand that the C3 CNG will compete with your gas stove!

Beside the classic fuel door, a second filler pipe for gas.

Gaz de France, a partner of Citroën, has planned to install a specific compressor in the garage of the purchaser of each C3 Natural Gas. This offer was previously reserved for a corporate clientele. The gas is compressed to 200 bars in the fifty-liter tank housed in the bottom of the trunk of the car.

First condition, therefore, have a private room where to sleep his little Citroen! Second condition: take out a subscription with his GDF agency. Third condition: think of plugging his C3 at night, to be certain to have a full the next morning. Because the charge takes a few hours anyway.

Just like its green color, this C3 1.4 is intended to satisfy a clientele more and more concerned about the environment. Its autonomy in GNV mode varies between 200 and 300 km, this car is primarily intended for everyday use on short trips. At the risk of having to switch to super unleaded mode.

It is none the less true that Citroën is currently showing particularly detailed details, not communicating information as important as actual consumption and that the final sales price, including or not the tax subsidies granted to this kind of vehicles. A position that reflects the lack of consistency of the policy of our successive governments in this area.
0 x
mandrieu
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mandrieu » 28/02/16, 22:13

I admit that these stations are poorly known. I once found a stranger sleeping in his car in the station. He had no CB and was waiting since 5h someone wants to put his own against liquid ...
In short yes I have one 50kms about but it's a hassle. There are forty in France (http://www.gaz-mobilite.fr/stations-gnv-france/)
Hence the idea of ​​making one's own gas.
I'll tell you more about this compression story at 200 bars when I get the book.
have a good day.
0 x
mandrieu
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mandrieu » 28/02/16, 22:15

For chatelot16, the book in question is "Biogaz- Manuel Pratique" by Jean Pbhilippe Vallat
0 x