ADblue SCR: adding urea against Nox?

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

ADblue SCR: adding urea against Nox?

by abyssin3 » 16/12/05, 18:43

I recently saw an article saying that some fleets of vehicles were running on urea fuel or maybe an additive. This fuel would have properties that would reduce the conso ... especially in the pantone reactor ...

Some say it would be because of the ammonia that is formed from urea. The question I then ask myself, knowing that ammonium nitrate is a VERY widespread product, is it if the addition of ammonium nitrate would have an effect on the conso, or the quality of the fuel?

Obviously, ammonium nitrate is very explosive, it would only lower the octane number of gasoline, and cause rattling. It is therefore excluded for a petrol engine.

On the other hand, for the diesel fuel that must self-ignite, it would help and therefore play a pro-cetane role, especially with vegetable oil. Provided not to put too much dose (ammonium nitrate = fuel rockets). :!: :!: :!:
This dose could very well be similar to acetone (Ex: 0.15%)

Has anyone ever tried (urea or ammonium, ammonia or derivative)?
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 16/12/05, 18:53

I had discussed the subject on forumbut you're talking about incorporating it into the tank?
https://www.econologie.com/forums/renault-21 ... vt892.html
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 16/12/05, 18:56

How safe is it to reduce consumption?
It is full of motorway edges, it is already bottled.
It's better than pouring into the tank. : Lol:

I do not think it works for diesels, if it were the case
the truckers will not throw as much.

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/12/05, 20:09

Uh, I do not know what abyssin3 is talking about, but urea has been used for a few years now to clean up Nox from exhaust gases from industrial engines and trucks.

The injection is done in the muffler and therefore is not used during combustion and even less mixed with fuel ...
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 17/12/05, 17:26

I had actually heard that it had a role of depollution vis-à-vis the NOx, but incorporated into the fuel.
On the other hand, if we take the combustion of ammonia, it gives 2NH4 + O2 = N2 + 2H2O
Which is perfectly non-polluting. That's why I was wondering about the use of nitrogen compounds as fuel.
That said, because some of these compounds are very explosive (ammonium nitrate), depending on which one is used, only a small percentage could be used to increase the cetane number. To put too much risk to take off the engine to the moon ...

But for other nitrogen compounds (urea), it could be a larger amount. In the article I read, they purified urea from pork urine before incorporating it, because it is in the water, it does not mix with diesel. That's why so many people dump themselves on the roadside.

I will try to find the article ...
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 17/12/05, 17:57

This is good: 2NH4 + O2 = N2 + 2H2O
is it an exothermic reaction?
Because so much to do, as much to do a doping ammonia water.
As much as ammonia is much cheaper than alcohol.

Especially if it is recovered along the roads. my cashier who will
to smell the wild beast in the summer. :?
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 17/12/05, 18:27

Rectification is actually a spray, here is the article:

"Cows were known to be responsible, because of their flatulence, for a significant amount of methane emissions into the atmosphere, and their sheep cousins ​​may be able to reverse the trend." Stagecoach South, a bus company in the United States South of England, has just equipped a vehicle with an original fuel using ... sheep's urine to reduce its nitrogen oxide emissions Equipped with a special tank, urea (purified urine The ammonia, one of the main components of the now precious liquid, effectively transforms the nitrogen oxide into nitrogen and water, which is perfectly harmless to the environment. the environment is very good, but the passengers must still have the slight impression of traveling ... in a pissotière "

In fact it reminds me that some use diluted urine with the pantone reactor, hence the production of steam urea ......
But the use of NH4 remains to be seen, why not : Wink:
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 18/12/05, 12:52

Hello
My float jar is almost empty in the clio, so I'm going to pee in :P and I'll let you know if it's better than with the H2O, it's a good thing I have to go up to the volcano tomorrow. : Lol:
@+
zac
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 18/12/05, 12:56

Hold on to the juice! : Wink:
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
Other

by Other » 20/12/05, 00:54

hi Zac
If you want to do a real test with urine
Takes a small engine mounting from the beginning with a bubbler
try gasoline water and make it walk in circuit fermented, verifies the time of march.
Repeat the operation urine and essence measure the time in closed circuit, you will see the differrence ...
I do not know if it's the acidity of the liquid?

Andre
0 x

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."