White diesel !!

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

White diesel !!

by Obelix » 28/11/05, 08:47

Hello everyone,

The white diesel, emulsion of water and diesel with low impact on the environment, reduces 50% pollution of fine particles compared to traditional diesel. The use of this diesel does not require the transformation of the engines. The city of Rome will test for a year 105 buses and 150 waste compactors running on white gas oil.
(Source: FRENCH EMBASSY IN ITALY - VIGIE ENVIRONNEMENT N ° 80 - March 2003)

Who knows a little better ??

A@
0 x
The Passing

by The Passing » 28/11/05, 09:30

This emulsion contains 10% water and can be used as is in a diesel engine without having to modify it.

GECAM = the white diesel
ULSD = it must be the normal diesel
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 28/11/05, 11:21

Personally, I have already tried a "house" emulsion of water in the GO using surfactants to keep the water in suspension. I got ~ 6% water in the GO (= 3L / tank). And on an indirect injection engine.
Conclusions:
- driving: no / little difference, maybe a little more fishing but that's all ...
- pollution: I have not tested, but to believe these studies, it had to be less.
-conso: substantially identical: no difference> 5%.

The problems :
- it is necessary to roll a lot, because the emulsion has a certain lifespan and the water tends to accumulate at the bottom of the tank ...
- water can cause various problems: corrosion, including the injection pump; gel: -s, etc ...

I stopped for fear of my injection pump which is much sought (hvb). I prefer to doping with water, I think it's a more "clean" approach (in the technical sense).
That said the advantage of the emulsion is that it can not be seen or traced, unlike a motor modification, more difficult to hide.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/11/05, 13:13

I confess that I do not quite see the difference with aquazole ( https://www.econologie.com/par-elf-l-aqu ... es-72.html ) ... On the other hand, milky white diesel is quite intriguing ... I do not know why but it makes me think of the synthetic blood of Japanese ... Moreover where does this milk aspect ??? And what is the extra cost compared to a conventional diesel?

But good doping water is better ... I think ...
Last edited by Christophe the 16 / 09 / 08, 16: 25, 1 edited once.
0 x
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 28/11/05, 13:32

Hello
There is (still?) Aquazol used for buses for example:
"Aquazol
Alternative fuel formed from a homogeneous emulsion: 13% water + 85% diesel. It is stabilized by a set of non-toxic organic and petroleum additives (2 to 3%) which allow good preservation of the physico-chemical characteristics of the product throughout its industrial cycle.
Use and advantage: no investment, reduces the nitrogen oxide content, reduces particles and reduces smoke opacity. (Air treatment) "
But the problem remains the life of this emulsion ...
Michel
0 x
The Passing

by The Passing » 28/11/05, 14:11

econology wrote:[...]
On the other hand milky white diesel is quite intriguing ... I do not know why but it makes me think of the synthetic blood of Japanese ... Moreover where does this milk aspect ??? [...].

It's the pastis effect!

==> http://www2.cnrs.fr/presse/journal/2022.htm
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/11/05, 14:24

Aaah yes I had read that during the last discussion :) Nevertheless, it shocks me to put milk in its engine ...:D : roll:
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 28/11/05, 21:40

Hello,
It reminds me of some hydraulic oil it was basic red color you could add water and it took the color of milk, another brown oil that is used for cutting tools, the same thing it mixes well with water, water,
formerly the old mechanics were added a little in the radiator, like complement of lubrication of (belloseal) of the water pump.
It was also the first 19 DS 1958 hydraulic oil.

Most oils that are miscible with water turn white like milk, but do not drink it; they tend to become rancid like old butter.

Andre
0 x
The Passing

by The Passing » 28/11/05, 21:49

Andre it's a real living encyclopedia, you should be able to use google on it, there would be hours of interesting reading I'm sure :D
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 29/11/05, 11:04

Most oils that are miscible with water

In fact, they are not originally, but they add surfactant compounds (found in menahrene products) to allow emulsification with water. Depending on the quality of the surfactant (anionic, etc.), the emulsion may take longer or shorter.

It is exactly this principle that is repeated in the aquazole, whose surfactants - whose exact composition is unknown - represent up to 2% of the volume (enormous) to make the emulsion as stable as possible. But when we know that surfactants have a significant impact on the environment ... :?:

The one I had tried in diesel (to make a "homemade" aquazole) was the one from Mattchem, intended for boats, and whose price is not excessive:
http://www.mattchem.fr/home.php

It worked well with diesel but had the big problem of making a white precipitate with vegetable oil, which represents a good part of my tank.
So a surfactant can work to emulsify water with one oil, but not with another, so beware of unplanned mixtures ... unless you find a suitable surfactant, low pollutant, etc ...
Water doping has the advantage of not requiring additional product, and with any fuel ET to reduce the consumption.
0 x