Tips before purchasing a solar panel.

Innovations, ideas or patents for sustainable development. Decrease in energy consumption, reduction of pollution, improvement of yields or processes ... Myths or reality about inventions of the past or the future: the inventions of Tesla, Newman, Perendev, Galey, Bearden, cold fusion ...
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 10/10/14, 11:36

ptijean32 wrote:so if I use a lead battery of 100Ah 12v, my power will be 1200 watts ....
No.
You have a Energy 1200 Wh .
(Without going into the practical details of using a battery).

ptijean32 wrote:with my 400w consumer, I empty my battery in 3 hours if no additional charge?
Yes, because energy = power * duration, therefore energy / power = duration, i.e. 1200 Wh / 400W = 3h

ptijean32 wrote:... and if I use 7 batteries of 100w in // of 12v, I will need 21h to discharge all of them? ...
Theoretically, yes.
And also 7 times longer to recharge them at the same charge power or 7 times more power for the same charge time.

ptijean32 wrote:in addition, I do not know if a 400w inverter exists, but it is better that I buy a higher power ... a 500w, a 750w ??? ...
You need an inverter suitable for the maximum power you want to use.
To use a 400W load for several hours, a 500W inverter is suitable, a 700W will be oversized (advantage: it will age less, disadvantage: it will not be used at its maximum efficiency.)

ptijean32 wrote:using an inverter consumes energy, so do you need to plan a little more battery?
Yes.
First of all, the efficiency of the inverter is not 100%, then it consumes a little while it is on (even if the load is not active).
0 x
ptijean32
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ptijean32 » 10/10/14, 13:09

Thank you Gaston ... I'm puzzled now! ... solar: too expensive for my budget! ... the inverter is in my budget, but therefore I have to invest in a big batch of battery. .. again for my budget, too expensive ... I'm trying to find out about the bedini engine ... well, it's perplexing to have plans ... and seeing that I'm a pipe in electricity and in electronic, it's not won !!! ... Well ... anyway Gaston, you taught me well ... now I have to see on the side of the generators ... the most suitable for my needs and situation and possibility! ... thank you for everything Gaston ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Advice before buying a solar panel.

by chatelot16 » 10/10/14, 13:38

ptijean32 wrote:Hello everyone ... here it is simple ... I want to produce electricity via a monocrystalline type solar panel, with 10 amp regulator, a 500 watt inverter ...

should you specify what you really want?

you start by saying i desire, then instead of saying what you desire, you site material that you have no reason to desire

there are 2 main desire possible
1) save money when you already have electricity from the EDF: in this case you don't need a battery: you need an inverter injector which injects into the network what the photovoltaic does, and if it is consumed by home appliances it avoids running the meter, we can organize its consumption to consume preferably when there is sun with certain automatic device

2) make electricity in a place where there is none: it is expensive, just the damping of the battery over the number of cycles that can be hoped for about the same price at KWh as the EDF, except that you have to pay the battery in full at the start so that it works 10 years, while with EDF we will pay the same thing in 10 years

so if there is a possibility of passing a wire to fetch the current of EDF it is always more economical than the batteries
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 10/10/14, 13:41

Before jumping from one solution to another, it would be good to describe your need.

Operate what, how many hours per day and where (if the place is served by ERDF, it is generally the most economical solution ...)
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 10/10/14, 17:50

For inexpensive batteries a few years ago I had recovered used backup batteries from level crossing in a station a friend working at SNCF had given them to me. They had to go to recycling but were still working.
This kind of thing must be found quite easily also for telephone relay antennas. You just have to know the right people ...
0 x
ptijean32
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ptijean32 » 10/10/14, 21:15

Answer to all ... "I wish ..." ... indeed, it is very difficult to find the alternative with minimal financial means ... but patience rewards those who know how to wait! ... in short. ... I want to consume energy that does not come from the state apparatus, it is my desire and I have the right! ... otherwise why forum econologist ??? ... I have no skills in these techniques ... just heard things to the right and left ... whatever ... I live in a truck ... I am my flock of sheep according to the growth of the grass ... which means that I live most of the time outside, far from everything! ... this is for those who have not read all my comments ... d 'elsewhere I invite you! ... I know what I don't want !!! ... and for what I want, it's my thin wallet that commands! ... I'm looking for answers and not to what they send me on ERDF ... I ask myself lots of questions, don't you? .... you have heard of the Bedini motor, the permanent magnet generators? ... you believe the theories that you you have learned, but all those that the industry is suffocating and which are gradually emerging on the web, these in part may interest me ... I do not want to judge you, I am thoughtful, but I need to technical knowledge which I do not have, before starting r in something ... so if my questions disturb you, I think that is not my goal! ... I must make a decision ... electricity yes, but without ERDF ... thanks for your understanding ... i think i am using this forum in order to evolve individually on the knowledge of applied sciences ... or else I was wrong forum?...Thanks a lot to you...
0 x
ptijean32
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ptijean32 » 10/10/14, 21:58

Back to topic ... I want to build myself incubators for chicks, ducks and geese, mobile types ... on trailers ... here are my big energy consumers ... tinkering with trailers, it's in my hands ropes ... to transform them into several mobile incubators ... it's simple ... it won't bring me much, it's more for self-consumption ... so connect me to a line in the open it is not always possible ... and besides I have no property or land ... I go where people cannot work their surfaces, 2 months here, 4 there, plus the seasons. summer in the Pyrenees ... you understand I think my quest for "free" energy ... Although one has to pay one way or another! ... I am not here to mope about myself - even ... But for answers .... here ... we have the right to desire ... and to be interested in materials before purchase !!! ... no? ... it is. Logic !!! ... In short ... let's not be judges of each other, but let us hold out our hand ... it's more human! .... thank you.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 10/10/14, 22:40

incubator, it's just heating, not necessarily need electric heating

why not mini central heating, mini wood boiler radiator and thermostat in the incubator

the battery and photovoltaic electric method is only good for those who have enough money available

I spent ten years without EDF because I had not paid so even less money to buy batteries, I had to settle for generator running only when there is need, not ecological but only solution without heavy investment ... well on the total spent at the end is more than the normal price of electricity, but when we can not do otherwise

it is classic to do the electric incubator when you have the EDF, but in your particular case there may be something else to invent: heat storage in a water tank is more economical than in a battery

heat can come from a thermal solar panel as well as a mini wood boiler
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 11/10/14, 10:04

For my part, no problem with your choices. I also lived without electricity for 4 years.

You just have to ask the right questions with the right parameters.

Here, we share as much what we know with a "bobo" who wants "to do something for the planet" as a severe descendant who does not want to depend on a system or a mobile person like you ...

The answers, of course, are not the same! [the laws of physics, if: we will always have P = UI and W = Pt; electrical power in Watts and the product of voltage in Volts and intensity in Amps; and energy in Watt.hour is the power in Watts by time in hours]

If we know !!!

In this case, the cheapest incubator remains ... the hen! We must still find local breeds which are not too degenerate and which naturally breed. If you are hatching (fertilized) eggs that are not those of the hen, you can substitute when the time comes. You can "nibble" her to induce her brooding by leaving her eggs in plaster.

And beware, some spools have an aggressive behavior when they incubate and literally jump on you, claws and beak forward. Warning the eyes.
0 x
ptijean32
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ptijean32 » 11/10/14, 14:23

Ah ... common ground ... thank you my friends !!! ... for my hens that could brood, it's the simplest ... but the solution that most attracts predators, foxes, badgers , martens, martens and weasels ... in short ... my idea of ​​a trailer where I incorporate incubators seems to me to be the safest ... I could however be wrong ... in short ... the story of power plant in heat is interesting ... never heard of it because in my entourage all are informed consumers ... yes I am rather decreasing than in search of economy! ... I did not speak to you about water but it is is a major concern in my system of life ... I have just discovered the water hammer effect pumps, it is great as a principle and inexpensive if a nearby source! ... there you are ... for now I do not solidify you because I have to think about other concerns ... "... to any problem its solution." ... Sincerely yours and above all thank you for your knowledge transfer ... : Mrgreen:
0 x

Go back to "Innovations, inventions, patents and ideas for sustainable development"