A "Do It Yourself" electrostatic motor

Innovations, ideas or patents for sustainable development. Decrease in energy consumption, reduction of pollution, improvement of yields or processes ... Myths or reality about inventions of the past or the future: the inventions of Tesla, Newman, Perendev, Galey, Bearden, cold fusion ...
xboxman4
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

A "Do It Yourself" electrostatic motor

by xboxman4 » 21/12/10, 11:11

I do not know if you know the site "instructables" which proposes to its members to post their plan of creation of all kinds, which goes from the simple creation of decoration to cars powered by gasifier. Everything is explained to be reproduced; I find this great site!

I came across this pretty impressive engine using static electricity as a source of energy. Certainly this is not new but it must be recognized that the person did all the same a good job lol.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Ion-Win ... -in-Actio/

Besides, is it possible to recover the energy produced by this engine? we could convert ambient static electricity, why not!

: Mrgreen:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 21/12/10, 14:18

Good for fun, but you need an extra high voltage source and that of the atmosphere requires very large collecting surfaces for little power (100v per meter in height and less than 1 / 100mAmps !!) because the air is electrically insulating !!
Except with thunderstorms, once, my house recovered the ambient static electricity with the lightning which made a hole in the tiles and set on fire !!
Once every 400 years !!!
0 x
xboxman4
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by xboxman4 » 21/12/10, 14:52

dedeleco wrote:Good for fun, but you need an extra high voltage source and that of the atmosphere requires very large collecting surfaces for little power (100v per meter in height and less than 1 / 100mAmps !!) because the air is electrically insulating !!
Except with thunderstorms, once, my house recovered the ambient static electricity with the lightning which made a hole in the tiles and set on fire !!
Once every 400 years !!!

Wow, yeah anyway!

Otherwise a Wimshurst machine could do the trick, but I fear that the power that will be released from this engine will be lower than that necessary to run Mr. Wimshurst's machine. But hey you say it dedeleco, its remains a good fun. : Mrgreen:
0 x