Deep bore geothermal energy

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Deep bore geothermal energy

by chatelot16 » 31/12/09, 13:27

Hello

this other subject makes me think of an idea that I have been behind my head for a while
https://www.econologie.com/forums/creer-de-l ... t6788.html

when water is brought in by a borehole of more than 10 m, even if it is made to descend by another borehole the energy of the descent is lost

you would have to transform a submerged pump into a turbine and put it at the bottom of the downhole

but I see even better: use a single borehole and alternately pump and pump back through the same hole

if there is a large enough reservoir on the surface the pumped water will benefit from the heat of a large volume of rock almost as well as with a continuous flow

remains to find the right reversible submersible pump: and this is precisely what I am developing

the purpose of this topic is to see if there are a lot of people interested

please
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 31/12/09, 17:47

Not sure if this is a good solution.
Already several points to see, if the circuit between the 2 wells is tight and the level of the two wells is almost identical there is the principle of communicating vessels, so it does not take as much energy as that to circulate the water. The only energy lost is mainly due to pressure losses in the piping and in the exchanger. Nothing will be gained by putting a turbine at the outlet except by putting a bigger pump to circulate the water: net profit = losses

Then a reversible machine is a big gachi. In pump mode it will be less efficient than a pump, therefore more energy consumption for the same result. In turbine mode it will be less efficient than a turbine, and it will therefore recover less energy than a turbine.
Not to mention the engine / generator which also does not perform well if it is not optimized for specific use.

In short, I think that sticking to the principle of communication vessels is the best way to avoid wasting too much energy in the circulation of water.
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 31/12/09, 17:56

Hi,

Anyway, from what I remember from the Drire site, beyond 10m deep you need lots of permits, and it is FORBIDDEN to re-inject water because of the risk of pollution of groundwater phreatic. I may be wrong, go check it out.

But anyway, the most recent deep geothermal project that I remember, it was in Switzerland, and he is arrested, the responsible party on trial for millions of damages, because they triggered earthquakes ...

We've already done enough damage on the surface, let's be careful in the basement where we don't know anything ...

With direct and vegetable solar, we already have much more than we need, so let's concentrate to already replace direct solar or biomass for all other forms of heating.
0 x
See you soon !
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 31/12/09, 18:10

it seems that it already exists to pump on one borehole and return to another: it is not a sealed circuit, we circulate the water well

for example at my home the water table is 100m away it is supplied by all kinds of chasms or water comes in without filtering

playing pumping does not seem to me a great ecological risk

I'm not going to bring water down from the puppies with it to gain power ...

but I hope that this kind of drilling is subject to authorization: you must not do anything anywhere

the goal is not only to improve the efficiency of heat pump in winter but also to increase the efficiency of solar thermal machine in summer

for certain it could cool the photovoltaic panels
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 31/12/09, 18:20

Forhorse wrote:Then a reversible machine is a big gachi. In pump mode it will be less efficient than a pump, therefore more energy consumption for the same result. In turbine mode it will be less efficient than a turbine, and it will therefore recover less energy than a turbine.

what reversible machine are you talking about?

an asynchronous motor can be very reversible with good efficiency in both directions

this is not the case of an ordinary asynchronous rotor optimized for starting drect in 50hz: but an asynchronous optimized for maximum performance is better

I'm not talking about an impenetrable centrifugal pump to operate the reverse without changing the rotor

I'm talking about a new type of high-efficiency turbine which, as luck would have it, is also good in pumps
0 x