Intelligence hydro power calculations

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
grizli09
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Intelligence hydro power calculations

by grizli09 » 01/10/09, 16:17

Hello everyone,
I am new to the forum and very happy to join you.
voila, i would like to have (for the moment : Cheesy: ) 2 pieces of information and I hope that I will be understood in my request.
1 / when we talk about water height (I think I understand that it is essential in hydroelectricity), how to measure it, I explain myself: if I am in the mountains, my stream starts at 1000 md altitude, I am located 650 md altitude and I collect by a pipe 50 m above my house, my water height (or drop) for my calculations will be 50m or 350m? (I have read elsewhere that there was a problem with all the obstacles that the water could meet in its passage and the turns that the stream could take during its descent)?

2 / this concerns the flow: if I have a stream with a flow of 7l / s,
it means that if at a precise place I manage to collect ALL the water from the stream I will have 70l in 10 s etc .....
my concern comes now, if i install the turbine at a place of the stream, all the water does not make the turbine turn (since all the water is not collected to come against the turbine :? ) ????
if my resonance is good how to measure the flow of water which is used for my turbine?

I am aware of not having been very clear but I hope that someone will be able to answer me. thank you
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/10/09, 16:26

0 x
grizli09
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by grizli09 » 01/10/09, 18:10

er .....
in fact I had already come across these links there but I did not really know what to enter since I wonder what values ​​to take into account.
please
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."