voltaic micro alim comparison - wind - batteries

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
proff
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

voltaic micro alim comparison - wind - batteries

by proff » 29/09/09, 16:25

Hello
I am kite flying (I do kite flying) and I am doing a platinum to do aerophography or more of aero video
the principle is simple a kite is sent between 100 and 500 m high and on the line we will hang a motorized nacelle about 1kg
what does this post do here? you are entitled to ask the question! :)

the goal is to make a system that can hold 2 days without need to be recharged (the catches are rare on the beaches) and the goal is to let the public control the basket

I expose the concern I have to board a power source of about 12V for 3 devices:

- the camera: about 500 mA
- the transmitter: about 600 mA
- the radio receiver and the associated 3 servos: between 400 and 600mA depending on the use of the servomotors

knowing that my main constraint is the weight and the following the life span and the clutter I ask myself the following question
most people of my kind ship batteries but they do not leave the system all day long for several days in a row

I wonder what would be most effective for me I read here photovoltaic battery mounting ideas retrieved on garden lamps coupled to fresnel lenses ca seems a little bulky but maybe I could couple it with batteries to ensure a longer life
on the other hand I tell myself that I have wind available and why not make a micro turbine alone or coupled with photovoltaic batteries or with batteries
in short I have a little trouble to draw a clear schema of all this
trying to minimize the weight congestion etc etc

I miss information about micro wind turbines I just tried to watch the voltage provided by a processor fan just by blowing in it is ridiculous (not even 1 V) while even concentrating a stream on a network of several fans I think that will never give me enough

on the other hand for photovoltaics I read here that we obviously get to shoot between 4 and 5 A for the equivalent of an A4 sheet with photovoltaic cells recovered from garden lamps and a fresnel lens but how much can to hope to go out without the lens? because I see myself badly embraquer more than an A5 format (half of A4) and without lens
if you have any ideas ideas etc before i start smashing garden lights and computers to retrieve pieces !! ;)

thank you for your help and thank you for excusing me if this message is not in the right place but there are so many topics that I confess to be a little lost! :)

olive
0 x
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 29/09/09, 17:32

Hello,

A good idea but that will lead to many thoughts!
1) - Camera + transmitter:
it consumes too much, we must be able to divide by 2 the conso at least and by three if we make antennas well studied. (no need to water at 10 Kms or the sky)
2) - Check the consumptions because any economy on this point leads to fewer pounds on the platform.
3) - In photovoltaic power is proportional to the illuminated surface, so no miracle has to wait.
4) - In wind power is proportional to the surface and the cube of the wind speed.

In summary:
Know the minimum power to provide for the desired goal!
Know the wind speeds when you are operational!
Maximum dimensions and weight of the onboard platform possible!

After that it is only an adequation to find for the realization ......

Obelix
0 x
In medio stat virtus !!
proff
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by proff » 29/09/09, 17:53

thank you very much for this first response

after some more research today i guess i can
without much trouble to multiply the area of ​​PV by multiplying nacelles (2 or 3 nacelles just for the batteries) the problem is simple even upward the piers will move because of the wind and the fact that they are caught only on a line, the surface is bigger, the more it moves (also causing movements of the video nacelle)

for the wind I can easily increase the wind speed by making a cone before the fan barrier remains to find something that has a better performance than processor fans and that remains light enough ..

in terms of consumption 600 mA for the transmitter is difficult to compress compressible it is obviously to direct the antenna to the ground without much concern but it appears difficult to make a directional antenna so transmitters in 2,4 gHz are fussy and pointed a grant

the camera model is not yet completely stopped I will have more info soon on their actual consumption

as for the receiver and the servos must I consider it better I have little information above but I will find

I hope to draw up an 1 and 1,5 A energy bill
0 x
proff
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by proff » 05/10/09, 17:49

I made my choice

despite the lack of motorwind responses to my emails I turned to the micro wind turbines I bought 2 kits educations of 4 micros turbines is sold without the turbine support but as I will have to redo a carbon structure ca m 'arranges that they are not delivered with and the price is interesting the 8 turbines system being 450 $ (without the port) for 2x4 turbine I have for 300 $ with the port
he announce 50W for 10m / s I will do some tests and I give you my feelings as I have interesting results

merci de votre aide
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 05/10/09, 21:13

Anyway, it is necessary to work in the 2 sense: decrease the consumption, increase the production.

500 mA for a camera seems a lot to me, unless it's high definition. Are you obliged to film all the time: can not you store the image on a hard disk on the ground?

600mA in emission: idem: I heard results of test Wi Fi which carried to kilometers: receiving antenna in a parable, wing in aluminized mylar to return the emission down.

servos: I do not know anything about it, but it would be necessary to make an average conso and to play at the maximum on the natural stability of the kite (lowering of the center of gravity, for example by lodging the batteries)

I don't think that the "cellulettes" of Chinese paper lanterns are the best in terms of performance. It would be necessary to know precisely what Bertrand Picard uses. Be careful, bare cells are 2 to 3 tenths of a millimeter thick and are more fragile than glass. Count 140 Wc / m² in good weather.

There are flexible cells that make 40-50 W / m². One could imagine a wing of 2-3m² which would have a sufficient bearing capacity
If there is only one square meter of assets, there is enough to recharge the batteries.

Nice challenge, anyway.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
proff
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Auxiliary power source for embedded camera

by proff » 06/10/09, 17:08

cuckoo elephant thank you actually I redid the calculations and I look a little better and the cons are much smaller
the camera anyway 300ma ... so the answer is yes: I intend to film continuously the goal is to leave this manipulation in the air all day on kite festivals and let the public watch live from the sky and at the same time to let them change the point of view
the emitter I found everything from 50mw 3W 5W even 700W I think I focused on a 250mw which will be much easier to integrate it consumes XNUMXma
for the command is a little more complicated but I think it will turn to 100ma saw that when there is no action
(most of the time) it consumes almost nothing

it makes me an invoice about 800ma

I prepared a pti sketch to explain a little better handling and changed the subject of the thread of discussion
on the sketch the wind turbines are below the camera is nothing definitive they may be above or even elsewhere I do not know yet must see where it generates the least movement on the image in blue on the image the movements that will be piloted from the ground (assention is good if the pendulum does not exceed 1kg

I turned on micro wind turbines for a reason that in the end seems pretty obvious (even if initially I had not seen! :) ) which is that the light is not necessarily at the rendezvous there are skies well veiled times especially when it blows while the wind if the flying kite is there is! :)
that said if you have a link on info suppliers of flexible PV movies it may be uninteresting indeed to make a stolen kite with this kind of film! :)
for transmition WIFI I have no data I work on it with an electronicien friend who has a monitoring box and he told me anything about this kind of process it may not be for sale yet?
Last edited by proff the 06 / 10 / 09, 17: 43, 2 edited once.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 06/10/09, 17:41

I did not say that it was necessary to transmit Wi Fi, I wanted to give an example of possible range in low power.
Basically, if there is wind, the weight should not be an obstacle: I saw kites towing tricycle species.
I look if I find something adaptable.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 06/10/09, 17:50

Hello,

That's good news. The project is refined.
Being hooked up with a club launching balloons stratospheric I think there is still consumption to decline.
- The camera unless it is high definition with lots of gadgets seems to consume me too much.
- The transmitter consumes 3 W for 750 mW output, so you can earn, normally, a good Watt of conso. (ball buddies use 500 mW and the ball goes up to more than 10 km)

Voila for the conso. For the platform, I look rather for a hollow plane containing buffer batteries (Li-Po) and wind turbines on the top of the board. This concentrator for wind turbines placed at the top end.
For wind turbines taking a surface of 300 x100 mm and a wind of 5 m / s we should get to recover a half Watt (60 ma / 12 V).
So watch out for consumption!

Obelix
0 x
In medio stat virtus !!
proff
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by proff » 06/10/09, 17:51

elephant wrote: I saw kites towing tricycle species.
I look if I find something adaptable.

yes it's kite tank I also practice but it's a little different but hey we can raise about 1kg and I will build a bigger kite to carry more if there is need! :)
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 06/10/09, 18:00

Try to see what you can get from these 2 links,

http://www.office-work.biz/owork/franca ... 14476.html

http://fr.nanosolar.com/technologie

otherwise, send an email to Bertrand Picard, via his site to see what he uses. He looks nice, I already sent him an email and got an answer.
0 x