The future will pass you it with biomass?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
ffkpoub
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

The future will pass you it with biomass?

by ffkpoub » 09/06/09, 05:51

Biomass has been an inexhaustible source for thousands of years. Biomass is the growth of the plant thanks to the sunlight. Plants known as Miscanthus and Switchgrass are becoming part of our vocabulary. Their destination today and tomorrow is energy.
These two plants have the particularity of producing a large amount of material each year, called biomass, on a small surface and, for the switchgrass, to see areas with little or no production in food crops, rather than leaving land in them. fallow...

Is our government ready to hear that there are, not alternatives, but alternative solutions to fossil or nuclear energy, to support another sector of activity in this time of crisis? ..

http://www.champs-energies.com

Support industries like wood is good, but it is 40 years of past and still nothing well organized. With budgets like ADEME consumes, would not there be some significant € uro to promote sectors that are worth it?
0 x
The plants work for us ... www.champs-energies.com
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 09/06/09, 06:35

Le forum has already been interested in this aspect of biomass, so let me answer the main speakers in this area.
Just a downside, knowing that we can be read by thousands of Internet users: the spelling! The future is masculine, we should have titled "the future will passil by biomass? "
By the way nice site. Energy fields is a group of farmers?
If that's the case, you're more than just lobbying the new Green MPs, they're now more apt to be heard.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/06/09, 09:22

Yes, subject already widely mentioned, I have miscanthus in my garden :)

There are a lot of docs to download in the section: Biomass and biofuels downloads
0 x
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Will the future pass by

by bobono » 09/06/09, 10:39

200 ha of land leave agriculture to road roaming etc. in France daily. There will not be much room for this kind of crop soon. (No problem, it's Sarko's fault).
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/06/09, 10:41

200 ha per day of loss of arable land it seems to me a lot ... earth all course it's possible but a lot anyway (well when we see what takes a highway or LGV ... averene ca can be in these waters!)

Did you see yesterday's survey complement look like? I zapped and saw the end! I have to make 1 subject.
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 09/06/09, 13:46

Solar energy is still more promising live.
Wind power, hydraulic power, currents or waves, biomass are indirect uses of solar energy.

The advantage of biomass is the storage of this solar energy as well as the momentary capture of CO2 (released during the recovery of energy by combustion).

The title is changed, I usually correct titles too vague or with mistakes. By cons I do not correct posts, it would be too much work. We are in a forum, not in an online encyclopedia.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 09/06/09, 21:58

I have already given my opinion on this Miscanthus culture which leaves me more than doubtful: I do not return.

ffkpoub presents a flattering but approximate picture of the potential of biomass. When he writes:
Biomass has been an inexhaustible source for thousands of years.
it is a simple rhetorical effect, because if biomass were able to provide modest needs such as those of past centuries, it is unthinkable to consider that it satisfies, even partially, the excessive frenzy current energy consumption.

This project is in line with a desire toexploitation total of nature, reduced to a purely utilitarian function; this is also what the following remarks underline: "... rather than leaving land fallow ...".

There is nothing in these directions, be it miscanthus or solar, which calls into question the orientation towards an ever more intensive transformation of terrestrial resources into commodities, simply the desire to make sure energy needed to achieve it ...

By diminishing (?) The impact of the process, this makes the pursuit of these chimeras possible and moves us away from the essential question: why?, In favor of the only admitted, how?
"Pollute less, to pollute longer", a concise formula but, oh so, just by J. Bové.

The cult of current science-science will reach its perfection when it has succeeded in eliminating its original defect: the man, this being so imperfect that he can not bear the radioactivity nor the air and the dirty water (and which has the bad taste to complain about it, what an ingrate!) ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
ffkpoub
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ffkpoub » 16/06/09, 04:19

Hello everyone,
bham dsl and thanks for the spelling checker :? And for your question, yes we are a farmer group looking for consistency in our industry.

bobono wrote:200 ha of land leave agriculture towards the road Hurbanisation etc per day in France

I do not know about France but as far as my department is concerned, it's already 3000 ha every year ... that go in highways, LGV, industrial zones, etc ... :frown:

former oceanic wrote:The advantage of biomass is the storage of this solar energy as well as the momentary capture of CO2 (released during the recovery of energy by combustion).

Yes, during the combustion we put back into the atmosphere the CO2 that we captured throughout the past year. What must also be taken into account is all the CO2 which is kept and stored in the soil by the rhizomes of these plants, both for miscanthus and switchgrass.

former oceanic wrote:it is unthinkable to imagine that it satisfies, even partially, the excessive frenzy of current energy consumption.

This project is directly linked to a desire to fully exploit nature, reduced to a purely utilitarian function; this is also what the following remarks underline: "... rather than leaving land fallow ...".

We do not have the ambition to want to change all energies by biomass, but to find solutions to a problem without entering a food-non-food conflict. This crop is implanted on a plot for 20 years. Without fertilizer, without pesticides, no tillage, just the harvest. This limits the energy expenditure to produce it. Biomass yield is 2 at 3 times higher than traditional crops (wheat type).
A little reminder between parentheses :? , so that you are 1 liter of fuel in the tank of your car at the pump, it has already been necessary to spend 1 to charter it. 50 liters in your tank is 100 liters to the production :|
To produce miscanthus or switchgrass we are far from that. For about 100 liters / hectares of fuel spent each year, in biomass, 12 to 17 tons of dry matter per hectare and the fuel equivalent is 2500 to 3000 liters produced !!! The fallows should not have even existed ...
0 x
ffkpoub
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ffkpoub » 16/06/09, 04:29

Christophe, if I may allow myself, could you tell us and give us what to give your famous foot miscanthus in the bottom of your garden.
How many liters of fuel ...?
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 12/02/12, 12:51

The first CRE3 biomass plant in service in Limoges

Subsidiary of Veolia Environnement and EDF, Dalkia has just completed the construction of the first heat and power cogeneration plant based on biomass authorized in France as part of the Ministry of Ecology's call for projects launched in January 2009 through the Energy Regulatory Commission (CRE3).
This equipment developing 25 MW located in the Val de l'Aurence district in Limoges (Haute-Vienne) is costed at 45 millions of euros excluding taxes with financing to 20% by Dalkia and 80% by the Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations and Crédit Agricole du Center Ouest.
This plant supplies a heat network which has benefited for the occasion from an extension and a passage at low temperature. It now serves 12 000 equivalent homes and covers more than 60% of thermal energy requirements, ie 7 000 equivalent wood-heated homes. Heat production will reach 93 GWh / year and 40 GWh / year power generation.

This plant will reduce 45 000 tonnes per year of CO2 emissions. It will consume 90 000 annual tons of wood (76 500 tons of wood chips, 6 000 tons of sawmill chips, 4 000 tons of bark and 3 500 tons of crushed products from sorting centers). "The supply is made in a radius of less than 100 km around the plant," says Fabienne Martin, spokeswoman for Dalkia Atlantic.

After this first CR3 installation, six other plants will be built in Tours, Orleans, Angers, Rennes, Strasbourg and Lens. Our main reference is the Smurfit Kappa biomass cogeneration plant in Biganos (Gironde), the largest in Western Europe with 124 MW thermal for consumption of 500 000 tons of wood per year. In total our achievements represent more than 174 MW and more than 606 000 tons of biomass valued per year. This plant is the second operated by Dalkia in Limousin after that of Limoges CHU built in 2008.

http://www.usinenouvelle.com/article/la ... es.N168306
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."