Buffer ball mixing valve

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Yacha
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Buffer ball mixing valve

by Yacha » 23/04/09, 14:58

hellos
I have at the moment a pellet boiler connected in parallel on a buffer tank, the good weather arrives and I would like to add a mixing valve (3 or 4 channels) so I am looking for a super simple diagram to know how connect it, I've already looked at the forum but I do not know where to place it properly should there be a valve 3 or 4 lanes, thereafter I intend to buy a regulator for the motoriser to know that I already have a TA is what it is possible to connect it on
thanks in advance
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 23/04/09, 22:16

Good evening yacha

The purpose of the 3 motorized track valve is to reduce the temperature flowing in the heating circuit by mixing the water in the tank with a little water from the return.
For greater autonomy, the ideal is to "work" with the lowest possible temperature (the hot water reserve of the buffer tank can thus be exploited to the maximum).
The 3 channel valve, if it is controlled by a control (for example with external sensor) acts as a thermostatic valve that adjusts the temperature of the outlet water.
In some cases, a simple thermostatic valve does the trick.

The 4-way valve is only useful to guarantee a "hot" return to the boiler.
In this case, it is useless to return hot water to the bottom of the balloon.
By cons, a recirculation loop on the boiler can avoid a cold return in the heating body (dew point, bistrage etc. ..)

I recommend consulting this page, see full site

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/herve.silve/chbois.htm

A+
0 x
Yacha
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Yacha » 24/04/09, 08:45

thank you for the answer I had understood, I already have a termovar behind the boiler, now I try to optimize my installation, as the ball is in parrallele on the boiler I told myself that is perhaps not the best solution , I would like to give priority to heating and can store at the same time in the balloon, the only problem can be that I do not have a regulate so I do not know how the valve 3 / or 4 ways you talk to me a simple thermostatic valve I do not see at all what it is, for now I have more ways to invest in a regulator so I'm looking for a simple solution if it exists
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 24/04/09, 12:35

Hello

I start from the beginning with a typical diagram (of my own)
Your installation, or at least your project, should look like this

C2 is controlled by the boiler as soon as the water temperature reaches a certain value (at the probe)
C1 is controlled by the room thermostat and starts if there is need for heating (that's all stupid)
The V1 valve (3 channels or thermostatic) ensures a reduced temperature in the heating circuit. The adjustment is done by hand and after it is retouched only if the temperature of the circulating water is insufficient.

When the heating requirement is zero, C1 is stopped and C2 charges the buffer tank until the return temperature of the boiler is high enough that the calorstat of the boiler stops the combustion (it is probably necessary to add a valve anti-return so that 100% of C2 flow goes to the balloon)

For the thermostatic valve, the link below speaks about it
(Be careful, the flow may not be the same for your installation with radiators?)

https://www.econologie.com/forums/l-installa ... 00-20.html

Analyze the above proposal and talk about it again

A+
0 x
Yacha
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Yacha » 24/04/09, 13:46

well see your diagram is what I think I do
my installation for the moment is not at all like his j the boiler that goes directly to the balloon and after I have the hot start cold radias, and I have no production of ECS
but otherwise it's exactly what I plan to do, by the way I did not know anything about V3V thermostatic
so in fact if I understand everything I rule my V3V thermostatic
for example on 50 / 55 ° c (radiator cast iron I think it is good) and she, she is doing it alone it is more convenient than a manual valve
per account if I put a manual V3V for now and then after that I want him to add a regulator, I can take anything as a rule or there are specific regulules for pellet boilers
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 24/04/09, 22:11

Bonsoir

As its name indicates, the thermostatic valve ensures the mixture hot / cold water to obtain the temperature setpoint output. Its operation is purely mechanical and does not require external energy.

3 Channel Valve Temperature Control works with a setpoint temperature, probe, motor and microprocessor to manage everything.
Here is an example of simple regulation, but which already costs more than 300 euros (fits on a mixing valve 3 or 4 channels)

The more advanced regulations take into account the outside temperature, the heating curve, etc.

These regulations do not depend on the heating mode: wood, gas, oil, buffer or not

A+
0 x
Yacha
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Yacha » 27/04/09, 08:39

ok so the simplest and most economical is to put a valve 3 thermostatic way
good I'll see his thanks
0 x
Yacha
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Yacha » 12/05/09, 10:59

hello I'm doing my install again, and I wanted to know that there was difference between your editing and mine me I have the ball that is in parallel and I wanted to know if I could not just put the valve between the start and return, more on your motorized valve in see a probe I think it must be incorporated in the circuit but I put it or? in the ball
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 12/05/09, 12:46

Hi Yacha

The temperature sensor is placed on the flow circuit to radiators
The regulation adjusts the hot / cold water mixture of the return to obtain the desired temperature in the radiators
I made you a sketch 3d of the assembly for example

A+

0 x
Yacha
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Yacha » 12/05/09, 13:18

ok so you need to provide a plug in the piping to incorporate the probe?
for the connection of the buffer in fact in your assembly you favor the heating and after the surplus and stored in the balloon, me in my case I already warm the balloon and after the heating, it is well its?
by account I would like to have a doc of the motorized regulator that you posted that I understand really well are role
0 x