Professional reclassification: training, employment?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Blaise
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Professional reclassification: training, employment?

by Blaise » 01/04/09, 01:48

Hello everyone !

Following an economic layoff in the field of mechanical design for the automobile, I am looking for a reclassification in a field of renewable energies; because for me in several years this kind of energy will be essential for our well being.

So my question, or rather my questions:

Do you know any qualifying training (which is approved by pole job if possible) in this area?

If yes can you give me contact details?

Do you know companies specializing in this area?

Renewable energies seem to touch a lot of sector, would you have advice to guide me? basically i work as a designer draftsman in design offices for mechanical design, maybe i can find a link.

In short, how can an ordinary citizen with knowledge of industrial designs convert renewable energies?

Thank you in advance and congratulations for this site which looks well stocked with information.

Blaise.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 01/04/09, 07:57

Find yourself an autocad pirate and potash it thoroughly! If it's already done, let us know!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Blaise
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Blaise » 01/04/09, 14:39

Hello,

I'm not really an autocad fan, I did an Autocad internship a few years ago, but having studied Catia I avoid autocad if possible.

My favorite software is rather Catia V5 and Thinkdesign (thinkdesign is really very simple and very efficient in terms of 3D modeling and 2D plans; what's more, the license of the latter is much cheaper than Catia if you want to stay in legality)

I know today that a lot of people use autocad but I assure you that once we have tasted ThinkDesign, Autocad seems outdated, and complicated for the same tasks that TD can do.
I still wonder today why so many people stay on autocad when other software is much better for design. Many companies do not dare because they do not want to change their work habits. But OK.
it is always the eternal problem of change.

After I can train without problem in autocad.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 01/04/09, 16:57

The problem is not whether you like autocad or if you prefer machinbrol V 23.7!
The problem is whether employers are looking for people who know them because:
- they spit in the bassinet (min 4500 euros excl. VAT in single station, basic version) to have it
- they have tons of files in this format
- their partners do not send them anything else

pcq, then, they are taken to the c .... s and need you urgently. See especially with the temp agencies!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."