Build a mini water wheel generating electricity

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
FromHell
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Build a mini water wheel generating electricity

by FromHell » 07/03/09, 10:35

Hello to all! : Cheesy:

I am an animator I work in a recreation center and this year, with the children, we are working on a theme which is "the 4 elements", so water, air, earth and fire.
With my group, we chose to work on the water. The work done by the children throughout the year will be exhibited during an open house next May.

We want to build a water wheel generating electricity. I have a little idea to build it but it would be much better with a plan!
Off the net I find only model life size! And we also hope, as far as possible, to build this wheel with recycling material, such as plastic bottles, wooden fall type plywood for wheel blades, etc.

If anyone had a model, a plan, and could share it with me, the children and I would be very grateful.

With our thanks
0 x
hello to all and see you soon
Flytox

by Flytox » 07/03/09, 11:12

Hello fromhell

The subject is interesting 8) , but you do not tell us the age of the children and if you have some tools available for example to tinker a minimum.

This activity is perhaps within the framework of an awareness of the way of life in our society, recovery of "waste" and generation of energy respectful of the environment?

Good luck.
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Pierre17800
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Pierre17800 » 08/03/09, 08:42

Hello,
To build a paddlewheel and turn it, you need to know at least 2 information about the watercourse:
--Drop height
--Debit
The drop height will determine the diameter of the wheel.
The flow will be useful to know its width and the capacity of the buckets.
If you give me these 2 infos I can make you a sketch and then you will be able to look for elements to recover to make it.
Kind regards.
Pierre.
0 x