Who lives in Lorraine and uses a pellet boiler?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
reglizz
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Who lives in Lorraine and uses a pellet boiler?

by reglizz » 08/02/09, 03:03

Good evening!
I am new and I am interested in renewable energies.
I would like to install a pellet boiler in my house (old house before 1940 but with redone insulation (window and PVC double glazed door, roof insulation will be done this year) and gas heating.
I live in Joeuf in meurthe et moselle.
I looked on the net to try to find installers but there are not masses (one in st avold, one in Peuvillers in the meuse and one in vionville ... maybe in belgium too)
I will see with the ademe in Metz if there are no others ...
Are there people who live in eastern France (metz thionville longwy) and who use pellet boilers?

I also have another question, is that in the tax credit (which has just gone to 40%) there is just the boiler or the boiler + the silo and the equipment of the boiler (different valves, screw without end...)?

Thank you
0 x
Xian
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Xian » 13/02/09, 22:18

Bonsoir
We are many on this forum to shoot with an "OKofen", excellent Austrian material.

There is a distributor in Lorraine which covers part of Germany.

The choice of a brand depends on many parameters other than the material, in particular the competence and availability of your heating engineer and technicians of the brand.

I am lucky to have a very sharp one in ardenne champagne, but I think that of Lorraine, if it is the one I met, is very strong too.

If you run the threads of this forum, you will see that one of the big dangers of wood boilers is oversizing. You are interested in having competent contacts!
Especially take your time, go through them forums. There are some interesting posts on the futura-science post as well.

At home, after a somewhat difficult start-up linked to a particular configuration - I heat two buildings spaced about twenty meters apart with a single boiler), everything is going well!
To give you an idea of ​​the sizing: I heat more than 500m² with a boiler set to 24KW, in the Marne.

The tax credit relates only to the material essential to the functioning of the boiler (boiler, regulation evacuation of smoke), not the connection systems.

If you want, I can forward you the coordinates of the Okofen distributor in Lorraine by mp.

Good research
Xian
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 19/02/09, 23:01

This winter I converted my De Dietrich fuel oil boiler from the seventies to a pellet boiler. For this, I used an AXTRO pellet burner from the brand Anastasi (www.anastasi.it) with a combustion efficiency> 95%.
The burner is very satisfactory, its electronics make it possible to connect a heating circulator, a circulator for sanitary water, the corresponding thermostats, a DHW flussostat, a pressure switch (safety), and a worm motor to supply from a silo. It has 4 power levels. In Stand-By mode it keeps a small core of embers, the system is very economical.
the water temperature is very stable with only 2 ° difference between going into Standby and restarting. The burn pot is self-cleaning, I just have to take out about one ash coal shovel every month.
In 3 months I had no untimely shutdown, and there is no need to stop it to remove the ashes.
In conclusion, the product seems to me well developed, reliable and largely dimensioned.

However, I will not recommend it because:

-The overall performance of the installation also depends on the heat exchange, and here we only have that of the old boiler. In addition, the granules cause fine sparks to fly which will lodge everywhere and line the exchange surface, plus a little soot. Unless cleaned every 2-3 days, the overall yield is necessarily limited. In a boiler designed for pellets, horizontal surfaces are avoided to avoid this problem and scrapers are used.
The question also arises of the tax credit. Even if the burner is a renewable energy combustion device, it is not a boiler, and on the other hand it is not said that the boiler / burner assembly has more than 70% efficiency. Finally, measuring performance is not within our reach. So I very much doubt that we can get the tax credit for this investment.

So for now, I stay at the DZ boilers, the Ökofen and other Austrian, Swiss and German are overpriced. I also remain very skeptical about the economy generated by their super-complicated electronics.

Finally, I know that there are Bio-boilers in Boulay which makes Entech.
0 x