Create electricity with a well?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Fl3ur2sel22
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Create electricity with a well?

by Fl3ur2sel22 » 28/12/08, 22:33

Good evening everyone,

I just bought a house equipped with geothermal energy on vertical drilling plus heat pump. : Cheesy:
The former owners had created an artificial basin with the discharge water from the said borehole. So we have a permanent water supply that feeds this basin.
And my idea would be to succeed in producing an energy source through this permanent water supply. After all it is the same system as the water mill. However I still can't imagine a technique for ... :|

So if you have ideas or if you have already realized this project especially do not hesitate I take your advice :)
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 28/12/08, 23:55

Hello Fleur2sel,

Here is a site that will give you ideas:
http://clients.newel.net/particulier/am ... leroue.htm

It is difficult to answer your question because we do not know the flow or the height of fall.

At first glance, I think you have a maximum of 10L / s and a few meters of falls. I will see a "wheel above"

@+
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 29/12/08, 11:40

Fleur2sel trawl and welcome,

if you have some photos, it could help to advise you!
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/12/08, 12:46

What is the approximate flow and the height of fall at the evacuation of your pelvis?
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 29/12/08, 13:56

Hello

I had a little the same thought but with a wind turbine.

That said, at home too, I have a very large reserve of water (around 400 m3) filled exclusively with rainwater from the roofs of the buildings around.
The wind turbine must also make it possible to raise rainwater recovered at several low points to the height reserve, and even to create a flow of mechanical circulation of the water allowing filtration and energy production.

Unfortunately I have noticed that we always come back to the same energy production systems, namely the drive of a rotor (eg an alternator) to produce electricity.

I imagine that with a paddle wheel, the answer will remain the same.
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 29/12/08, 19:07

About the initial subject (use of a stream of water as a source of energy) I found this site:
http://www.energievair.com/fr/applications.html

The idea is to heat a liquid (on the site it is by a wind turbine but a paddle wheel could do the same), which allows to have a complementary heating source.

The advantage is that the electricity produced is not stored in batteries but directly used to heat a liquid hence a simplicity of assembly and especially no need for a battery to store the energy produced.

This system seems to me to be an interesting and easy to implement solution at a reduced cost.

Anyone have any ideas for developing this system?
0 x
EnergieVair
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Wrong address

by EnergieVair » 31/12/09, 11:37

Hello,

Just to mention that the address given is no longer valid. You should use this instead:
http://www.energievair.com/fr/Info.html

Thank you for your encouragement and happy new year 2010!
Kind regards.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 31/12/09, 13:12

before breaking your head on the way to recover the energy from a waterfall you have to calculate the maximum recoverable energy

energy (in joule) = weight (in newton) x height (in m)

therefore to store energy by water multiply the volume in liters therefore the weight in kg by 9.81 to have the weight in N

convert Joule to kWh: x 3600/4180

result: the energy stored by a tank is hopelessly low: it is only when the tanks are very large and almost natural that it becomes profitable

exception, when the height of fall is very large: put the turbine at the bottom of a 100m borehole and turbine the water coming from the surface: problem: it directly introduces water into the water table without it either filtered by the soil
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 31/12/09, 13:49

Why not use water directly with a grain mill
for example.
Then make a breeding pond for trout and / or crayfish.
0 x