the right criteria for a wind turbine

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
waxba
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

the right criteria for a wind turbine

by waxba » 30/10/08, 20:09

Hello
I would like to have information on wind turbines at least the right criteria to determine the most suitable

-My annual electricity consumption turns in the 25000KW
-I am in a windy region it is the MANCHE so the 5m / sc is almost daily and a minimum (more than 12 meters)
-the swept surface in relation to the consumption and the wind (a bbaque what; I am taker)
-vertical or horizontal which is the best performance, the (each supplier contradict each other
-which type of maintenance on the wind turbine to provide (lubrication ...)
-the relation with the speed of the rotor and the reliability (limit acceptaple)
-the performance of the products (a 6kw will have as much output as a 15kw at equal wind speed

in short the bea a ba

thank you for future answers
0 x
waxba
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by waxba » 01/11/08, 21:13

Blue
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 01/11/08, 22:00

Hi Cireba

The mini éole site being in "makeover" and therefore not accessible, I recommend you the visit of this site and in particular the following page:

http://users.swing.be/compagnons-eole/e ... /art17.htm

Here is an extract of the powers that can be captured (theoretical) per unit area according to the wind speed

Vertical axis wind turbines have a very wide operating range (0 to + 100Km / h) but often have a fairly high start-up speed, so not suitable for a rather light wind, there is little choice of model.

Note: consumption is expressed in KWh and not in KW

In principle, the alternators are permanent magnets so the wearing parts are the bearings

Also interested in the security system

A+
0 x