fuel consumption for ECS

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

fuel consumption for ECS

by elephant » 23/10/08, 10:39

Anyone have an idea of ​​the fuel consumption for DHW, say with a recent boiler, but not super sophisticated.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 23/10/08, 11:00

1- it depends on whether it is in summer or the boiler turns only for hot water or in winter or it also turns for heating.

2- it depends on the number of liters of hot water you draw. (2 showers per day x 4 people or 1 shower x 1 person)

3-it strongly depends on the operating mode of the boiler. Indeed
some boilers maintain their operating temperature constantly, even if there is no demand for hot water; needless to say, it is catastrophic in consumption compared to need.
especially in summer when the boiler is only running for hot water, I had made measurements and it was better to stop the boiler and connect the electrical resistance of the cumulus.

if not to answer on AVERAGE, (which means nothing because each case is specific) we consider that a household consumes between 2000 and 4000kwh / year for the DHW part. (roughly 10% of the heating)
0 x
Click my signature
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 23/10/08, 11:18

yes, the value in KWh I know it, what I'm looking for is how much it makes in liters of fuel. The customer has a Viessmann of 9 years and there are 4. In fact a given in liter of fuel for a tank of X liters would suit me.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 23/10/08, 14:27

+1
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 23/10/08, 15:08

elephant wrote:yes, the value in KWh I know it, what I'm looking for is how much it makes in liters of fuel. The customer has a Viessmann of 9 years and there are 4. In fact a given in liter of fuel for a tank of X liters would suit me.

well it comes back to what I said to you: you can not make an equivalent between kwh elec for production of DHW and fuel oil equivalent if DHW made by the boiler because according to the way the boiler works it can go from simple to triple.
the only thing that is certain is that in summer, the kwh fuel oil spent to do the DHW are more important (by far) than the electric kwh to make the same amount of DHW
the only reason to keep the oil boiler running for DHW in summer is the potential problems of a prolonged shutdown.

otherwise, if you want to take a big ladle approach, I would say that in the heating season, the kwh spent on DHW is 20 to 30% higher than electric kwh (i.e. approx 0.13 liter of fuel oil / kwh d '' DHW) and in summer, the DHW kwh are 60 to 80% higher than the elec kwh (i.e. approx 0.17 liter of fuel oil / kwh)
this with a boiler efficiency of 90%.

So over a full year, if the consumption of electric DHW was 2000 kWh, the oil equivalent would be around 260 to 280 liters.
it's just the orders of magnitude. when I had made measurements on my old boiler, I had put a water meter on the cumulus inlet and I had measured in summer when the radiators are cut the consumption of fuel oil over a period of 2 months.

Note that it is not very related to the size of the ball but to the consumption of hot water of course.
0 x

Click my signature
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 23/10/08, 16:49

Goods. :D You see when you want ! :D
0 x
68 pilot
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by 68 pilot » 24/10/08, 15:10

Hello
I did comparative tests for the consumption of energy for hot water in summer, for my house with 2 apartments with 2 adults per apartment.
1-fuel oil boiler (year 2003 90% efficiency) with tank
of 83 liters of DHW:
consumption measured over 2 summer months = 1,6 liters per day
2-boiler fitted with a pellet burner with 250 liter tank:
consumption measured over 2 summer months = 3,6 kg of pellets
but it is impossible for me to know the quantity of hot water used in each apartment.
here is
It can be useful ?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/02/15, 12:51

This calculation will give a good estimate of the DHW consumption: https://www.econologie.com/forums/prix-reel- ... 12727.html

It suffices to divide the "useful" kWh by 10 and by 0.8 (boiler output) to obtain the L of fuel oil consumed just for DHW:
0 x
zeldane
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by zeldane » 01/03/15, 10:41

Whether the ball is integrated or outside, it changes almost nothing: just the length of the circuits. And the fact that the built-in balloons are usually small
0 x
zeldane
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by zeldane » 09/03/15, 11:01

zeldane wrote:Whether the ball is integrated or outside, it changes almost nothing: just the length of the circuits. And the fact that the built-in balloons are usually small

That's it ?