Electricity production from a river

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Francis 68
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Electricity production from a river

by Francis 68 » 16/10/08, 20:13

Hi,

I found out this evening forum while looking for information on electricity production from a river, acr we recently asked ourselves the question of feasibility.

My situation is simple:
my land is bordered by a river (or rather a canal with natural banks) whose flow is constant all year round (3 to 3.5 m3 / s).

In addition to my research for information, I have a few questions to ask:
- is it legally possible to install an electricity generator powered by a paddle wheel?
- are you aware of such installations in private homes? If yes, is there any info online (I'm doing this research right now)?

I am open to all your comments.
0 x
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 16/10/08, 22:44

Hello,

The first answer is that it is necessary to learn first and foremost about the property of said channel.
Depending on his administrative qualification, it will then be possible to discuss further. But no need to draw plans on the comet before that would be too disappointing!

Obelix
0 x
In medio stat virtus !!
Francis 68
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Francis 68 » 17/10/08, 07:09

Obelix wrote:Hello,

The first answer is that it is necessary to learn first and foremost about the property of said channel.
Depending on his administrative qualification, it will then be possible to discuss further. But no need to draw plans on the comet before that would be too disappointing!

Obelix

Hello,

yes, this approach is planned.
0 x