Wind power: the state suspends the acquisition by Edf

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Christophe

Wind power: the state suspends the acquisition by Edf

by Christophe » 28/08/08, 10:46

The Council of State suspends the feed-in tariff for wind power THE WORLD | 09.08.08

The Council of State canceled the ministerial decree fixing the price of repurchase by EDF of the wind energy. Made public on August 6, this decision is a setback for the development of wind turbines. In fact, they only find their profitability for the moment by the obligation that EDF is made to buy back the electricity they supply. A decree of July 10, 2006 set the price of this buyout at 8,2 cents per kilowatt hour for the first 10 years of operation. This text was attacked in 2006 by the association Vent du Bocage, opposed to the development of wind energy. The Council of State suspended the order because of a formal defect, the administration not having, during the preparation of the text, consulted the appropriate bodies. (Hu?)

If this decision does not call into question the operation of wind turbines already installed, it should block the opening of new parks. Indeed, operators cannot operate without entering into a contract with EDF, which the latter, without an order fixing the price, cannot sign. "It is likely that the contracts which should have been signed in the coming weeks risk being delayed," said André Antolini, president of the Renewable Energies Union. For Jean-Louis Butré, president of Vent du Bocage, "the decision of the Council should normally lead to the suspension of the construction program requested by the promoters lobby that is currently making a fortune on tariff bases that no longer exist."

LACK OF TRANSPARENCY

At the Ministry of Ecology, it is stressed that the Council of State ruled that there was a technical defect, but did not question the method of calculating the tariff. A new decree, essentially incorporating the provisions of the previous one, will be quickly prepared, and "should be ready in September," said the minister's office.

This "unpleasant twist", to use the term of Mr. Antolini, comes at a time when the economic interest in the development of wind power in France has been questioned by the Institut Montaigne, of neoliberal inspiration. In a study published at the end of July, this institute concludes that a large-scale development of wind power "does not meet a need in France and that it would induce additional costs for the community that could exceed 2,5 billion euros per year by 2020 ". The institute points in particular the tariff of repurchase, judging that "a price too high generates undue rents to the detriment of the general interest".

The Renewable Energy Union is preparing a response to this analysis. He should emphasize that public aid mechanisms "are necessary to give long-term visibility to investors". This debate is however rather difficult to disentangle, for lack of transparency, and the conclusion of the Montaigne Institute should be able to be shared by all:" The official data on the cost of the development of the wind power in France are sorely lacking. For the sake of transparency, it would be useful for an official assessment to be published of the objectives set by the Grenelle de l'Environnement with regard to wind power. "

Hervé Kempf

http://www.lemonde.fr/sciences-et-envir ... _3244.html

Sorry but an investor has no need of public aid ... An investor must invest in profitable ("all alone") ... especially if it is in sustainable !!! This is econology!

In addition, other projects would need it much more ...So now that the French wind is sunk, I hope one thing: that it makes a transfer on the development of other technologies!

ps: and when is photovoltaic? 2009? 2010? it will purify the market very well ... we will finally have money for the BTL! :)
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 28/08/08, 11:01

French wind is not sunk, it will come back in force, it is good that the abuse of the promoters has been stopped.
the article clearly shows a public embezzlement denounced by the environmental association ...

and the hyrdolian? for a country with a coastline, this is important!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/08/08, 11:05

Ah yeah how will he come back? With sponsors and philanthropists?

All the promoters are the same sharks ... I have approached the world of wind power a bit, I can tell you that it stinks well.

Rulian will tell you better than me he has worked more than 1 year in the sector ...
0 x
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 28/08/08, 11:12

I think that unfortunately Jonule is right since the ministry announces that it should prepare a new agreement for September.
Stay tuned ...
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 28/08/08, 11:15

ah well i don't know how it will come back, but i can't see this technology disappearing, since it is profitable and profitable ...

I understand well that this environment is perhaps held by industrial sharks, but it is not for all that that it is necessary to give up, "must start with somewhere" as the other would say ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/08/08, 11:32

Jonule it's profitable that when YOU are ready to pay 0.50 € per kWh at home. Are you

The new order will probably be more unfavorable, right?
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 28/08/08, 11:37

yes I am ready to pay more, and so I will pay more attention to my expenses!

it is not only that oil has to be more expensive to save the environment!

why defend this thesis only for petroleum? you have to know how to be consistent in order not to appear lobbyist.

as long as nuclear electricity, which contributes to the greenhouse effect, is as inexpensive, we cannot invest in other activities, it has been seen with oil.

Christophe, do you have a link to a supplier price list, ENERCOOP included please?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/08/08, 11:38

0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 28/08/08, 12:21

Yes, wind power is not only made up of nice care bears. Far from it. But when we build parks at 20 million Euros (in the 6 machines), we expect a return on investment. I find that perfectly normal. And such sums, it is not negotiated by being that "nice". The world is made like that, you have to deal with it, it's the same everywhere.

We cannot have a self-build or associative logic to build wind farms. And don't talk to me about a small wind turbine. It's funny but it produces quedalle. A wind turbine makes sense by being as large as possible, a matter of physics.

That said, I do not find that the redemption price is overvalued. Given the purchase price of the PV and the lack of transparency and knowledge of the real price of the Nuke, I find that it is a very bad trial that we are doing in wind power.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 28/08/08, 12:24

+1

and what about industrial nuclear?
if they are not nice with a wind farm at 20 million €, what should it be with an EPR at 5 billion € ...
0 x