Create my wind turbine

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
alew
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Create my wind turbine

by alew » 12/08/08, 21:41

Hello everyone,

After a lot of research, I can't find what I'm looking for about creating a wind turbine, yes there is a post-it note but some questions are still running through my mind.

I read in the book: the mini-wind turbine, which was simple to create, is a wind turbine provided you find the right engine.

And this is where I block, indeed it gives a lot of type of engine but not the one that should be or I misunderstood ... I would like to know if someone would have a good seller or if could tell me where to find it or if on the right corner Haute Normandie (or other) there is what I need?

Because I read that the stepper motor could be quite interesting, but how to find it at its price?

here it is a little fuzzy, according to you what would be best to start? because first I want to know well and create my wind turbine and then, maybe, have a bigger power
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 12/08/08, 22:58

Hi alew

You are right to start your research with the generator because it is the key element of a wind turbine.
However, you need an idea of ​​the maximum power you want to produce.
Depending on this power, you can orient yourself towards the purchase of a permanent magnet alternator, the modification of an alternator or asynchronous motor.
Then, you will need to know the average wind speed exploitable on the site of establishment that you envisage.
Finally, you can dimension your rotor and the multiplication, if it is necessary.

A+
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 13/08/08, 00:26

And long live initiatives!

Here is a link to the dog: http://www.eolprocess.com/start.php

beware, this model will come out in 2009 (probably) it is possible to contact the gentleman, although a little bear, he is of good advice and like any inventor he likes to be told about his baby, he plans to make models for "everyone" who provided enough to light, heat or units of 20.000W / H ...

I am looking for an engineer who could help me develop mine and who could help me launch it, notice to the interested party
Greetings from Lietseu
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 13/08/08, 08:36

Hi Lietseu,
The concept is interesting (I had already seen in the past, I think)
What grieves me, I have not seen a video of the project in real operation.
The second question, the inventor speaks of a maximum power reached more quickly (compared to the wind) ... yes, but at exactly what speed.
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 13/08/08, 10:32

Hello,
stepper motors you find in printers ;-)

of course you can buy new but the trick is to make cheap electricity ;-)

a link that can help you:
http://www.nrjrealiste.fr/eole/eole_elec.html

you will find the excellent mini-eole PDF
0 x
alew
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by alew » 13/08/08, 23:23

Good evening everyone,

Many answers and thank you :)

well i will try to answer everyone what is not going to be cake :)

I am in Normandy, to locate near the wind rose we are fairly ventilated.

For the power I do not know at all and is it possible for example to start with some recoveries which for example would make me work a light bulb which would be already rewarding then later evolve? (at the same time if someone has what I'm looking for we can help each other right?)

If I find a small stepper motor with no printer for example, what power can I expect from this one?

The goal and of course to arrive at a fairly high power but if I can start slowly while being sure to know the subject well maybe it is the best solution right?

Thank you all for your link I keep very preciously this will be very useful I am sure.

Last little point, I am looking for people who have made their wind turbines themselves with advice and photos to share.

Thank you all for your support, I don't know yet where it will take me but thank you for taking a little time to answer me :)
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 13/08/08, 23:38

alew wrote:If I find a small stepper motor with no printer for example, what power can I expect from this one?

Do not expect much from a printer stepper motor, even if you run it fast enough (1000 rpm) you will not exceed half a Watt. :|
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 14/08/08, 10:17

Vi, Hazardine, it's a good little interesting link
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Hasardine
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Hasardine » 14/08/08, 10:24

Personally, I am tempted by vertical wind turbines, to be placed on a "landscaped" roof being in a housing estate, it is more discreet!
0 x