Al Gore wants 100% green electricity

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Al Gore wants 100% green electricity

by the middle » 18/07/08, 14:04

0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 18/07/08, 14:23

Well, 20 min that the link is online and Jonule has not yet noted that he recommends 1 / 5th of nuclear electricity? :D
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 18/07/08, 14:30

I'm glad you did it; Finally I find it good.
you see, the reflexes are put in place when we are "awake" ;-)

it is indeed the game of always finding the tree that hides the forest ... because it is obvious that the first efforts (€ $) will turn towards the 1/5 ° "justified" ...

edit:
We can note "This is a strategy that will create millions of new well-paid jobs that cannot be relocated": it is not the choice that our super president retained to want to save the nuclear dinosaur ... mazette 10 years ago ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 18/07/08, 14:34

Ah shit, that's stupid: Ricans will not be able to have an electric car since it will be nuclear ... :|
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Flytox

by Flytox » 18/07/08, 14:36

Hello lejustemilieu

within ten years, 100% of the electricity production in the United States will come from renewable energies.

It may be a hope for the planet, maybe not for 100% of the electricity : Mrgreen:, and with a big desire for change .... but, for all the rest of the energy linked to oil, they have lobbies not so poetic .... and capable of overthrowing, assassinating any candidate, president and other governments on the altar of the Emperor Petro-Dollar $ .... : Evil:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 18/07/08, 14:39

Woodcutter wrote:Ah shit, that's stupid: Ricans will not be able to have an electric car since it will be nuclear ... :|

but no, all you have to do is restart the oil-fired power plants! like that it is the state that pays directly for the tumble : Cheesy:

+ seriously, it is exemplary to want 80% of the electricity produced to be "green": how many are we in France?
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 18/07/08, 15:41

jonule wrote:+ seriously, it is exemplary to want 80% of the electricity produced to be "green"

It is especially easy. Me too I want it, it is surely exemplary but it is not a reality so far.

What would be more interesting would be to know his "plan" to achieve it. It's probably more technical than these announcement effects but I'm not going to check it out, so ...

As for Obama's commitment ... if he is elected, it will surely be as effective as our "pact for I don't know what" and other "environmental issues": really impressive!
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 18/07/08, 15:46

we agree but it remains exemplary if not quote me another doing it; I mean who has as much influence as Al Gore, who presented the film on the climate, which I have not seen knowing it in advance as much, no surprises and an appaucalyptic end, vote for security. .. he must need to be talked about ;-)

I still see it as a good political lesson for others ;-)

90% of French people would agree to 100% green electricity, don't you think?
for sure it is not a reality but it should become, and the electric car would have no pretext any more ;-)
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 18/07/08, 16:29

I saw his film (well, the beginning of it after that I snoozed but don't repeat it), it awakened some and it's very good.

But behind all the blah, there is the reality of our society:

Jonule wrote:90% of French people would agree to 100% green electricity, don't you think?

So let's plant wind turbines near their homes and make them pay a lot more for their electricity. What do you mean they don't agree? But finally? BUT THEN HOW TO DO IT?

Little game: observe the image below, a clue is hidden there! Can you find it?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/07/08, 18:17

jonule wrote:90% of French people would agree to 100% green electricity, don't you think?

Ah statistics ... there is no more inaccurate (false?) As Science Mathematics...

a) In theory: 99% of French people say that global warming and pollution is not good,
b) In theory: 95% say they are ready to fight pollution,
c) Practical details: 5% make "efforts" in the field (efforts in all its forms: behavioral and financial in particular)
Last edited by Christophe the 19 / 07 / 08, 13: 11, 1 edited once.
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."