Horizontal axis wind turbine: profitable and easy.

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
xirotegnicrev
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Horizontal axis wind turbine: profitable and easy.

by xirotegnicrev » 27/05/08, 23:31

Hi everybody,

Although new to this forum, I have a certain "global" conception, systemic in fact, of this planet. What brought me to study renewable energy and individual (no system is possible without the action of its individual, according to me.and others) the wind seemed to me like the easiest to approach.

Produce your own current (at least a part) and slow down the production of pollutants (chemical or radioactive) what a foot and all this with recycling!! (Or almost)

After an in-depth study of some four months I have come to:
1. if the winds are sufficient (Vnominal>4m/s) it is better to install a horizontal axis wind turbine
2. provided that one is well placed for an installation of this type, a simple declaration in town hall (and although) and with the neighbors is enough. Attention, do not exceed 13m above the ground blades included.
Cool, so far no problems, for me it works.
3. make a study of the winds over a year, just to confirm that your study is correct (for me it is also a study of the profile that I have chosen CAD stall at a certain speed, start at another etc... short for the moment it works)

The rest of the project: reup of a concrete EDF rammer. recovery of a three-phase. the blades will be made from cages whose wood will be sealed with beeswax and mixed secrets (don't mess around, do your research!! but sure, no pollution, neither short nor long term) the cable recovers the batteries recover (on mini eole they had a way to "desulfit" the batteries, if anyone has the assembly, I'm interested, I lost it), the multiplier recovered from a bike, the frame is also useful to me.. .

In short, those who are interested in my project, to make one...

Did I tell you that for certain "sorting" no profitable wind turbine? At least for brakes by stalls. For those who are interested I have an Excel with eol dimensions according to the sorting to be used (it is adaptable for other generators: generator, direct etc.)

Friends of the wind, Friends of the sun, and entropy collectors, I tell you +
0 x
A civilization without science would be as absurd as a fish without a bicycle.
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Horizontal axis wind turbine: profitable and easy.

by jonule » 28/05/08, 10:53

Hi to you,

I am interested !
I'm on the same wave ;-)

you will find my projects done on my site www.nrjrealiste.fr
above is the desulfator of course ;-)

FYI, I recently found PVC tube blade profiles, which I'm going to install in a living space this summer/autumn ;-)

xirotegnicrev wrote:Did I tell you that for certain "sorting" no profitable wind turbine? At least for brakes by stalls. For those who are interested I have an Excel with eol dimensions according to the sorting to be used (it is adaptable for other generators: generator, direct etc.)

can you please explain?
0 x
xirotegnicrev
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by xirotegnicrev » 28/05/08, 19:55

Hi jonule,
Yes, small correction, not profitable for me. Let me explain: for some tri motors (in fact big ones) you need a starting wind speed much higher than the nominal wind, but it's still possible.
For the moment I am in the test phase of the calculations that I made, that is to say that I made two mini-wind turbines (with bicycle dynamos) with two different profiles, story to see if I get what I expect (expected Watts/wind, starting speed…) for now it's good : Cheesy:
Thank you for the plans. 8)
I send it to you or my Excel?
A+
0 x
A civilization without science would be as absurd as a fish without a bicycle.
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 29/05/08, 12:22

Hello

If you are interested in the self-construction of wind turbines, here is the link to my realization

https://www.econologie.com/forums/premiers-t ... t5094.html

I now get better results with a strong setting of the blades but I have to redo their finish and a good balancing of the complete rotor (essential)
Next tests soon

A+
0 x