Electricity with exhaust gases from the chimney

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Electricity with exhaust gases from the chimney

by elephant » 08/05/08, 15:43

My hairdresser told me that one of his heating engineer friends told him about a system of German origin that would produce electricity from
exhaust gas from the heating boiler.
In theory it should work, but I'm a little skeptical about the absolute amount of energy produced.
Has anyone ever heard of this device?
(The brand would be enough for me to know more)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/05/08, 16:04

Well yes it is inverted peltier ... 5% yield ...

In short, enough to feed a few low-cost appliances when the stove is running at full speed ... : Cheesy:

In isolated places it's not bad but at home ... blah blah especially given the size of the thing ...

We have already talked about it on the forum with links to manufacturer but now I remember more ... do a little research on the keyword "peltier" you should fall back on it ...
0 x
orbs
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by orbs » 08/05/08, 19:11

Hello
delta T ° interesting for a stirling
orbs
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 08/05/08, 19:27

the peltier in the direction of heat ---> electricity, it is the seebeck effect, and it seems to me to remind me that the efficiency is rather around 1% than of 5% (I will check) that said, when the The starting energy is lost anyway, 1% is 1%.
a stirling would indeed have a better return.
I remind you that KWB (manufacturer of pellet boilers) will offer a stirling module inserted in the boiler.
0 x
Click my signature