Pumping Aeolian Flag

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
aberix
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Pumping Aeolian Flag

by aberix » 05/05/08, 19:20

Hello, can anyone describe the automatic feathering of a pumping wind turbine. I am well ahead of the reduction of my back-and-forth mechanism but I can't see how the feathering mechanism is made.
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 05/05/08, 22:05

Salute aberix

The feathering of the wind turbine blades is a controlled maneuver which aims to stop the rotation of the rotor, and to have the least catch in the wind
This system makes it possible to put the whole in safety, for example in the event of a storm.
The setting in safety and / or the stopping of a wind turbine with the feathering of the blades is automated, but it nevertheless requires an external energy input to carry out the pivoting of the blades, while on these are exerted. significant efforts
There are electrical, hydraulic or mechanical systems.
In all cases, it is necessary to pass in the axis of the rotor

On a small model of wind turbine one could conceive an automatic feathering, beyond a certain speed of rotation (with weights and springs), but I do not know of a ready-made system. Most of the time, the propeller pitch variation is used to regulate the rotation and not to stop it.

We will talk about it again according to your needs in the matter

A+
0 x
aberix
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by aberix » 06/05/08, 07:45

Thank you for this introduction which will allow others to follow as well. In fact I am talking about the mechanical feathering that we see on pumping wind turbines: There are some that have a second smaller guide in parallel with the blades. Are those that we see in France but] e do not know the exact mechanism for folding the main guide or the American ones that I do not see how is designed at all. Thanks to you or someone else who could describe to us the design of these principles: how to bend the main guide when the wind exceeds a certain speed. Thank you
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 06/05/08, 10:53

Hello,
"feather": you can also bend the wind turbine in relation to the horizontal axis via a spring.
or also vertical, via yes a pallet (small blade) at a certain angle.

"Take a good look" at the photos, otherwise I can give you plenty of them at home: you have to put the blades out of scope (if not inside the free corridor left by the blades) a small blade, like 45 °: in the event of strong winds, it will gain support and give an angle to the wind turbine which will turn less quickly!

to be sized according to the wind turbine ...
0 x
aberix
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by aberix » 06/05/08, 13:05

I looked at the photos but I have trouble seeing the feathering system. Obviously the rudder which is perpendicular to the wheel is mounted on an axis and can pivot and stand in parallel with the wheel which makes the wheel orient in the axis of the wind and therefore stops. What I'm looking for is how the rudder swivels with the force of the wind and how it takes its place when the wind drops. If possible make me a sketch seen from above so that I understand the automatic pivoting. I sometimes see pumping wind turbines that have the rudder bends on the wheel I guess this was done manually to block it? Waiting for your ideas Thank you
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 07/05/08, 09:43

ok, seen again this morning:
there is one at 90 ° squarely (the smallest pallet) and the large blade is at 45 ° in fact!

they are "in the middle" of the corridor of the wind turbine blades ;-)
0 x
aberix
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by aberix » 07/05/08, 13:26

On this site they explain a principle of decentralization but here lack of precision they give no rating. What I'm afraid of is spending my time getting on the pillar to perfect it I would have preferred something more specific

http://www.ame-lr.org/multipales/index.html
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 07/05/08, 13:49

well yeah you have to size in relation to your wind turbine!
given the drawings it must scale ?!

0 x