Geothermal heat pump and innodation, Yvelines

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
chamallo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Geothermal heat pump and innodation, Yvelines

by chamallo » 14/04/08, 15:39

Hello,

after having read on the subject, I am a little confused. We want to install a heat pump with horizontal sensors. I live in the Paris region (Les Yvelines) on a flood island. My question is the following:
In the event of flooding, is there a risk that the entire earth sensor circuit will no longer operate the heat pump? : Evil:

Thank you for your answers while waiting for my other questions.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/04/08, 16:01

Uh, can you repeat the question? : Cheesy: I do not see in question an innodation can influence the operation of a horizontal collection quite the opposite: it is better to pump the calories in water than in the ground ...
Last edited by Christophe the 14 / 04 / 08, 16: 03, 1 edited once.
0 x
Bougonnator
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Bougonnator » 14/04/08, 16:01

Hello,
If you live on an island, you must not have to dig a lot to reach the water of the Seine. Your installation will perform better and may not cost you more.
Are we inhabitants of the same village?
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 14/04/08, 16:22

A priori, the flood has no influence on the sensor. The horizontal sensor is (to simplify) only a hose unwound in a coil under 1m of earth. It is perfectly waterproof.
in fact at that time it becomes a pump on the tablecloth !! (humor)
0 x
Click my signature
Bougonnator
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Bougonnator » 14/04/08, 16:38

The flooding will not a priori interfere with the sensor and will add an additional layer of alluvium.
On the other hand, the heat pump must be raised because it needs electricity to function and will not support being submerged. However, a heat pump is heavy and it vibrates and therefore generates noise.
We therefore need a room raised above the ground and able to withstand the weight and vibrations of the heat pump.
The CAP is usually in the back of the basement when possible. There it should be put in a separate room so as not to have it too close to the AMHA ears.
0 x
RV45
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by RV45 » 14/04/08, 20:54

Hi,

Indeed the flood does not pose a problem for the horizontal sensor but the cap is worth it that it is sheltered : Idea:

Same remark if you have water a cap on the tablecloth would be much better in cost and in yield then why take a less good solution :?:
0 x