Wind turbine in reinforcement of a solar water heater

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
rs69
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Wind turbine in reinforcement of a solar water heater

by rs69 » 23/03/08, 20:51

Hello everyone,
having self-built my solar installation Heating soil + DHW, I would like to strengthen it during Winter (day of bad weather) with the help of a wind turbine of 1kw.
Can you help me with my study!
I have the idea to use a wind turbine of 1000w (nominal power) and 1400w (max power)
three-phase generator (brushless), regulator-rectifier for 48v battery, a pack of 4 12v batteries (in series) and finally a 48v / 220v converter to power my solar tank resistor ... : Idea:
Thanks for your help...
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 24/03/08, 10:01

Hi rs69

If you are used to browsing this forum , you can read that heating water with an electric resistance is not an ideal solution
If this electricity comes from the network, it is a waste since to produce 1KWh of heat, it was necessary to emit 3 in primary energy. This is true with thermal power plants
For wind energy, we cannot talk about CO2 emissions, of course, but you will see in use that electrical energy is not that easy to produce (wind, it takes, friends really a lot, often and loud)
On the one hand you need expensive equipment, and on the other hand it is often very efficient and profitable (energy and financial). A properly installed 1000W wind turbine will only produce an average of 200W in reality (I'm even optimistic)
You can also power a resistor without rectifying and storing the current (no battery or converter)

Despite everything, I'm a fan of wind power (self-build), so to take advantage of this free energy from the sky is a renewable solution
The first thing to do in your study, is to find out about the average wind speed in your area, and if you can install a mast (max height 12 m) with a wind turbine in your property
We’ll talk about it again with a costing of the material if you want

A+
0 x
rs69
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by rs69 » 24/03/08, 11:16

thanks looping,
for wind speed see attached table : Cry: , for the maximum height it is 9m (Town Hall) :? .
thanks for your help.... :?:
0 x
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 24/03/08, 11:42

Hello,

Sorry but the table shows that the wind deposit is a problem.
The power of a wind turbine is generally given for a wind speed of 10 or 12 m / s which corresponds to 36 km / h or 43 km / h knowing that the power is proportional to the cube of the wind speed.
Most wind turbines do NOT provide ANYTHING below 3 to 4 m / s (12 km / h approx).
So on average according to the table no power supplied !!!
Well, we can't quibble: there will be power, but not much and not long !!

It would be necessary to know the duration and the strength of winds greater than 15Km / h to make an estimate of recoverable energy .....
As long as there is going up to 12m mast to try a better !!

Obelix
0 x
In medio stat virtus !!
BaudouinLabrique
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Wind turbine in addition to a solar water heater

by BaudouinLabrique » 08/06/23, 17:30

The simplest would be a thermal wind turbine
Who would have thought that even an icy wind could generate heat for FREE to heat homes and water?
This is the case of the thermal wind turbine and at record efficiency!

See the present forum : renewable-energy/thermal-wind-turbine-t17489.html

File I made: https://www.retrouversonnord.be/Systeme ... ulique.pdf

0 x
«There are those who see things as they are and wonder why. Me, I see them as they could be and I say to myself: why not! (Sir Bernard Shaw)
« The future belongs to those who see the possibilities before they become obvious. (Theodore Levitt).
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 08/06/23, 18:13

Rather than digging up a thread from 2008 whose various contributors have long since disappeared, don't you think it's better to come back to the current thread, the one you started?

renewable-energy/thermal-wind-turbine-t17489-130.html
0 x
BaudouinLabrique
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by BaudouinLabrique » 08/06/23, 18:39

sicetaitsimple wrote:Rather than digging up a thread from 2008 whose various contributors have long since disappeared, don't you think it's better to come back to the current thread, the one you started?

renewable-energy/thermal-wind-turbine-t17489-130.html

I will be able to pick up the thread on Saturday because I am getting my repaired computer back tomorrow
0 x
«There are those who see things as they are and wonder why. Me, I see them as they could be and I say to myself: why not! (Sir Bernard Shaw)
« The future belongs to those who see the possibilities before they become obvious. (Theodore Levitt).
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 09/06/23, 13:18

do you want a digger?
0 x