Feedback on Palazzetti Minnie pellet stove

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
fabio.gel
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Feedback on Palazzetti Minnie pellet stove

by fabio.gel » 21/03/08, 15:46

Hello

I am equipped with a pellet stove from Palazzetti model Minnie.

This heating method is great but requires good skill from the installer despite appearances.

For those who would like to embark on the granulated adventure, here is some very important advice.

AT GRANULE LEVEL
The stove itself is like a car it is adjusted in the factory with a very specific fuel (100% resinous granulate indicate on the instructions for use), I tried to put hardwood in it well its works not great the fire goes out the stove malfunctions.
I then tested with 100% resinous DIN + standard (Crepito not to mention) beautiful flame the stove never stalls and heats very well.

AT THE SMOKE EXHAUST LEVEL
There is a Poujoulat Dualis PGI installed on the stove at the horizontal outlet.

There I had a big problem, still smelling of smoke in the house and headache.
The cause came from the Poujoulat stainless steel adapter that the installer had not stuck to the refractory putty, resulting in leakage and re-aspiration by the blower which discharged everything into the house !!!

AT THE AIR SUPPLY LEVEL
It was necessary to drill a 100 mm diameter hole in the wall behind the stove to bring it more air.

AT THE VMC LEVEL
The VMC of the house being humidity-controlled (the humidity drops when the stove turns result the mouths of the VMC closes as the result the stove works less and less).
Blocking butterflies in Hygro mouths

ON THE GLASS OF THE FIRED STOVE

When starting the stove in power 4 with Crepito brand granules (100% resinous, DIN + standard) the glass hardly clogs but when the temperature in the room is reached the stove automatically reduces its power (thank you for your Bonavis info) and after a few hours fouling is inevitable.

I tested with another Wood Evolution brand (100% leafy) the fouling is much weaker on the other hand the stove works less well (normal the stove is adjusted in the factory with 100% resinous !!!).
For information :
http://www.lepaysdubois.com/content.cfm?id=34
In conclusion (please see Bonavis info):
- Take into account the volume to be heated because if the stove is oversized, it will operate in a low power range or faster fouling (to see if there is the possibility of an adjustment on the device according to the lower powers to 4 in order to have such a good self cleaning of the window ????

AT THE PELLET CONSO LEVEL
The house is small 55 M² with one floor, I heat the whole house 22 ° C below and 20 ° C above.
It takes 1 bag of pellet for about 3 days

AT THE ADJUSTMENT LEVEL
The power is on 4 (max level being 4)
The ventilation is on 2 (max level being 4)
It is preferable to set the power to 4 in order to leave the possibility for the stove to manage between 1 and 4 (knowing that it goes down to 1 when the programmed temperature is reached and also allows lower fouling of the glass)

MAINTENANCE LEVEL
I buy an ash bucket.
Full suction every 3 days (about a large glass of ash)
Glass cleaning (a damp cloth with a little ash)

This adventure was not without problems but it is so pleasant that we quickly forget ...

New info at 27/08/2008

The stove can be turned with different types of pellets by adjusting the draft fan (but a technician must be involved for this).
The advantage, if there is a pellet manufacturer near you, we can configure the combustion of the stove with its pellet.
: Mrgreen:

Problem of ash accumulation at the back of the plate which separates the hearth from the bottom of the stove.
After 3 days of operation (13 hours per day), there is an accumulation of ash behind the plate which produces an alteration in the quality of combustion which results in the stove going out.
I'm going to check if the stove is level, we never know?

My chimney is of the Poujoulat brand, be careful that the 80 Poujoulat diameter connection on the stove is put in high temperature putty because mine was not there and it stank of smoke.

New info at 25/09/2008

I forgot considering the performance of the stove there is practically no smoke at the end of the chimney.
In order to further improve the silence of the device, I placed it on rubber pads about 1 cm thick.

New info at 13/01/2009

The stove turns full pot now the consumption to maintain a temperature of 21 ° C in the house is about 1 bag for two days (9 am until 22 pm approximately).
The smoke evacuation pipe (Poujoulat is really not terrible there is no clamp for the internal tube of 80 result always a smell of smoke at startup, not very wind the stove stops outright more draft, when it rains heavily water enters the pipe ... this product Dualis PGI at Poujoulat even correctly mounted is really not a success, I will try to glue each part of the tube with a refractory putty to improve the thing or downright switch to another brand of TEN tube not to mention it).

The sweeping of the bent tube is crappy with traditional means.

Take care that the cold air coming from outside does not come into direct contact with the chimney tube as it cools it and at the same time reduces the draft.

To be continued...
Last edited by fabio.gel the 13 / 01 / 09, 11: 55, 5 edited once.
0 x
I do my best to not leave trash world to my children ....
Guillermet
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Feedback on the Palazzetti Mi pellet stove

by Guillermet » 23/04/08, 11:25

Hello, I have been equipped for 6 months with a palazzetti pellet stove sissi model and I am not happy with it.
The installation was already chaotic but if it had been only that, it would not have been very serious.
From the start, the stove vibrated. The vibrations were transmitted to the ceramic plates which gave a frankly unpleasant noise. The installers came and wedged the ceramic plates with glass wool. Result: The stove still vibrates but the plates no longer vibrate since the vibrations are absorbed by the glass wool.
The vibration noise now comes from inside the stove, especially when lighting and starting but also when it goes into pre-alarm vacuum, which it does as soon as there is wind ...
And for some time, vibrations have occurred even in normal operation, ventilation on 1.
The technician has already come several times, spent hours listening to the stove but found no solution while the vibrations were mentioned on the installation report.
So as far as I'm concerned, I really regret the choice of Palazzetti.
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 23/04/08, 11:39

I don't think you have to go down a brand or praise it.
Of course there are better quality stoves than others, but it is above all the competence and service of the installer that make the difference.
as already said, the stoves are adjusted in the factory with an adjustment palette which goes beyond the pellet skirt but also according to the draft of the smoke evacuation, etc. a good installer who knows his equipment MUST adjust the stove according to each case. most of the time they don't. when they do, it’s sometimes worse. I have an example where the factory settings had been changed despite common sense.
for your vibration problem, I think of an imbalance of one of the fans. if it is that of smoke extraction and it appeared after a certain time, it may be bister stuck on a fin.
otherwise, it may be a broken or bent fin.
it is not enough to listen, you have to dismantle the stove and find which fan is faulty, if necessary change it (under warranty?)
aah yes but then we have to work ???? it's not enough to sell them, the stoves.
0 x
Click my signature
Bougonnator
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Bougonnator » 23/04/08, 16:04

Hello,
Sorry for my ignorance, but if I read the first post correctly, can we doc exit the smoke horizontally? For any type of household?
I looked at the Poujoulat site but I did not see it.
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 23/04/08, 16:23

two things are needed:
-there is a vertical portion of at least 1.5m to facilitate the evacuation of smoke in the event of a power failure
-that there is at least 1.5m gap between the outside air intake and the smoke evacuation.
these rules are common sense and we find them on several manufacturers' doc. that said I don't know if they are really standardized in France.
on the other hand I know that the direct horizontal exit (without vertical part) is prohibited in certain European countries.
0 x

Click my signature
jc-tergal
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jc-tergal » 23/04/08, 17:00

this is why I am rather cautious about the granules. I deliver and yet I do not want a stove or a boiler at home because of 1 pellets but especially the stove because it generates a permanent noise of fan + worm. Of course it depends on the models but over time the fans make more and more noise. And you need a good installer and be resourceful otherwise you have adjustment problems because of a simple change of granule !!

Regarding palazetti, I had a lot of negative feedback on the product itself
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 23/04/08, 20:05

for the boiler, I do not see where is the noise problem, it is in the garage ??
I have one and I am very happy with it; 650 euros of heating + hot water, which says better with gas or fuel oil ????
for stoves, (I also have one in the country) I agree that noise may be a problem. that's why you have to buy from a dealer who can make you walk one in demo because no doc indicates the noise level and it is very variable from one brand to another. in addition, as I said, the fan settings are often poorly made, and often overabundant compared to the natural draft, or generation of noise.
0 x

Click my signature
jc-tergal
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jc-tergal » 23/04/08, 21:32

dirk pitt wrote:for the boiler, I do not see where is the noise problem, it is in the garage ??
I have one and I am very happy with it; 650 euros of heating + hot water, which says better with gas or fuel oil ????
for stoves, (I also have one in the country) I agree that noise may be a problem. that's why you have to buy from a dealer who can make you walk one in demo because no doc indicates the noise level and it is very variable from one brand to another. in addition, as I said, the fan settings are often poorly made, and often overabundant compared to the natural draft, or generation of noise.

the boiler is rather a matter of adjustment. If your installer is not top notch, it's a bit difficult.

For the stoves, there is wear and tear that will make your fan noise increase. But it all depends on the quality of course. Pyros for example uses EBM fans (I'm not on spelling) which are super top quality and the noise is very reduced ...
0 x
fabio.gel
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Noise level

by fabio.gel » 24/04/08, 07:32

The stove is in my dining room

And the noise level is really not annoying.
Of course everything depends on the power set on the device on 1 its purrs no more than the cat on 4 we are still very far from the vacuum cleaner : Cheesy: .
0 x
I do my best to not leave trash world to my children ....
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 15/08/08, 09:09

Above all, do not use the first smoke outlet sketch, with a Chinese hat, this is the guarantee to drown the wall.

In terms of noise, some brands do more than others, it usually comes from the ambient air fan that is too small and that rotates at very high speed, generating a turbine noise.

For vibrations, we can rotate each element separately, this allows to detect the origin.
0 x