Geothermal fractured hot rocks

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
catouni
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Geothermal fractured hot rocks

by catouni » 14/06/07, 15:32

Hello everyone, help, help !! Could someone explain to me (simply, because I am not very well versed!) What are the "hot fractured rocks" which allowed a project like that of Soultz under Forest ? Does this have to do with volcanic activity? Are there regions where you can find this kind of rocks and not others?
Thank you in advance for your explanations
Catouni : Lol:
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 04/07/07, 22:48

catouni wrote:Hello everyone, help, help !! Could someone explain to me (simply, because I am not very well versed!) What are the "hot fractured rocks" which allowed a project like that of Soultz under Forest ? Does this have to do with volcanic activity? Are there regions where you can find this kind of rocks and not others?
Thank you in advance for your explanations
Catouni : Lol:

You will find info here:
http://www.brgm.fr/brgm//geothermie.htm
http://www.geothermie-perspectives.fr/0 ... ur-01.html

4 - On the surface, transformation via a heat exchanger (a) of hot water from the primary circuit (b) into steam in the secondary circuit (c) to drive a turbine (d) which produces electricity
1 - Injection of cold water 5 m deep through the central well

2 - Circulation of water in fractures and warming in contact with hot rock (200 ° c)

3 - Extraction of the heated water from the basement by two production wells
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."