Geothermal maintenance contract

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
michael
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Geothermal maintenance contract

by michael » 09/05/07, 21:26

Hello everyone
I have big concerns about installing my geothermal heating (I will not tell you the name of the box concerned) and to resolve these concerns, the owner of the box offers me a year of maintenance of my installation? so I would like to know if it is worth the cost because I have the impression that there is not much maintenance for this kind of system? can you tell me what is system maintenance? How much does it cost?
Thanks in advance for your advice
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 09/05/07, 23:35

:?
1- You first ask to have an installation that works PERFECTLY!
I think you had to pay a large bill ...

2- Ask your installer the question. Ask him to detail all the operations necessary for the maintenance of your installation ...

PS You did not give us details on the installation; type of sensor, collection fluid, depth and area of ​​collection, type of terrain, brand and type of heat pump, what types of emitters in the house (radiators, floor heating, fan coils, splits, ducted units ... budget ... surface and volume treated, type of building, insulation, ventilation ...

You haven't explained to us either, what's wrong?
0 x
michael
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by michael » 10/05/07, 21:18

hi and thank you already for your answer
my installation works well and indeed I paid not far from 15 euros. The concern is not in the functionnement in fact but in the after-sales service and the relations with the installer that I will not mention (large group anyway)
I come back in fact to clarify my heating system: I have a floor heating floor heating everywhere in the house is about 110m2 and I have a refreshing water-water system, I have 250m2 of earthwork.
I have had a brand new house for three weeks
the concerns are as follows: if I had not been behind the workers, I would have to date unheated parts, then when the nurses were pressurized the latter tore off the supports from the plasterboard, then I have tubes that have been laid across and that go from the nurse to the center of the room (there is better in terms of aesthetics) I have a regulating pump which burned out after 2 days of operation m ' requiring a stop of the machine and an intervention 4-5 days after the after-sales service, then the sensors in the ground spaced every 15cm and towards the end every 1 meter ... and so on!
to compensate for all these inconveniences, the installer offers me one year of free maintenance! my question is: is it worth the cost? what is the exact value of an interview? should i ask for more?
please
michael
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 10/05/07, 23:06

michael wrote:when the nurses were pressurized, they tore off the supports from the plasterboard,

Poor positioning of feeds on a too fragile support, skill of technicians ... :x
then I have tubes that have been laid across and that go from the nurse to the center of the room (there is better in terms of aesthetics)

Wait, there you are talking about tubes laid before pouring the finishing screed ... No?
Normally the routing of the tubes is determined very precisely by computer software which sends the feeder feed near the windows in a tight network and returns to the collector, the pipes must not overlap.
I have a regulating pump which burned out after 2 days of operation forcing me to stop the machine and an intervention 4-5 days after after-sales service,

And what was the diagnosis of this breakdown; pump fault, pollution in the circuit that obstructed the pump (dirty assembly) or a bent or crushed pipe slowing the flow? :?:
then the sensors in the ground spaced every 15cm and towards the end every 1 meter ... and so on!

You are talking about sensors buried outside, it seems to me that the minimum spacing is 60cm and the minimum depth 50cm, but I no longer have the exact figures, I am not an expert, and it may depend on the fluid flowing in...:?:
to compensate for all these inconveniences, the installer offers me one year of free maintenance! my question is this: is it worth the cost? what is the exact value of an interview? should i ask for more?

There are a lot of dark points in your business, I think you need real EXPERTISE. I'm afraid your guy will try to make you wait a year and then let you down by saying: "The warranty is over."

If he did anything, it may be better to break everything and redo ... but hello the galley. I would not demoralize you, I hope that the situation is less serious and that after a few adjustments everything will return to normal!
Anyway: REQUIRE that he explain to you all what he has done and the EXACT nature of the problems!
Finally seek advice from other professionals, who may be able to see the site. [/ Quote]
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 10/05/07, 23:11

being a building professional I think the same thing: freezing of payments, registered letter and expertise!

I would even say more: a court can interpret the acceptance of a year of CE as an acceptance of compensation on the one hand, as an admission of responsibility on the other.

considering the possible implication (complete breakage of the screed) I would opt for the 1st solution, long and hard, but the most careful!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 11/05/07, 11:39

I do not think there is much maintenance to do for this type of installation ... In any case, not in the year that generally follows !! But rather after a few years, 5 years, even 10 years for the pump ... Except perhaps, if there are purges of the heating system to be carried out!

Is your geothermal energy vertical or horizontal?
Did the geothermal pump burn out ?! Or is it the heating circulator ?!
Geothermal filling tank or heating circuit filling tank?
Do you have a plan of your installation or a diagram ?!
0 x
michael
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by michael » 11/05/07, 13:13

Hello everyone
Thank you for your advice
I do not think the situation is so serious because the underfloor heating works very well
Concerning the pump which burned out after a few days, I had two concerns: the first is of course that it burned out after 2 days (repair made by pretending a defect of series of this pump which regulates hot and cold and whose name I don't remember anymore), second concern is that this pump should have been fixed on the machine itself (location provided for this purpose) but that it was installed with two small pegs against the plasterboard and that humidity coming from the pipes made that the pegs tore off from the wet plasterboard - suddenly, big holes but no repair by my installer!
I add that my outer capeturs are buried in 80cm of topsoil horizontally over approximately 250m2.
I still have an invoice to pay (around 700 euros) and my installer is threatening not to send me the tax reduction paper and not to start my warranty contract without receiving the amount! my concern, I only hold it by the fact that it lacks money! once the money is cashed, I won't be able to really bring it in to see things!
Thank you for your advice
Michael
0 x