Ecological house

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...

What will be the share of ecological houses in Europe within 10 years?

The poll expired on 14 / 01 / 07, 22: 12

Between 0 and 10%
83%
Between 10 and 25%
8%
Between 25 and 40%
no votes
Between 40 and 55%
no votes
Between 55 and 70%
8%
Between 70 and 85%
no votes
Between 85 and 100%
no votes

Total votes: 12
sakenplet
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Ecological house

by sakenplet » 11/01/07, 22:12

Hello,
Here is a survey for my TPE, the result will be included in my TPE.
Goods.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/01/07, 23:40

You are far too optimistic in the figures that you propose ... well, everything depends on what you mean not "ecological" ... materials, energy, water? A little of the 3? The 3 together? New construction or renovation?

In addition you should say "accommodation" instead of house ... not everyone lives in a house ...

If your definition is "a little more respectful of the environment than now" in my opinion it would be 10% maximum ...
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 12/01/07, 10:30

And if you ask the same question for France, you fall to 1% maximum.

As long as we continue to promote energy aberrations such as interior insulation, reversible air conditioning and others on TV ("Vivrelec" ads, for example), very little will be done on the subject.

In France, to find intelligently designed housing, an individual or a local community somewhat attentive to climate problems must fight to succeed in building what they want.

I say "struggle" because in this area, it is often necessary to fight against builders, craftsmen and sellers of materials who know little and are wary of techniques and materials that they do not master.

In addition, building regulations (DTU) sometimes go against certain green building techniques.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 12/01/07, 13:37

Absolutely!

Building or renovating is already an obstacle course! So do ecological ...
Building professionals are a huge obstacle to the development of all changes in their profession. :x
Asking them to evolve and acquire new skills is a challenge. : Evil:

To build ecologically, you need:
- Prohibit concrete or use it only for foundations.
- Use lime, wood, and insulators of vegetable origin very little diffused in France.

The construction methods currently used are stupid (interior insulation, interior joinery, single-flow ventilation, many thermal bridges ...) : Shock:

With the same materials, but used more rationally, you can easily divide your energy needs by 2!
by using rational techniques and HEALTHY materials, we improve our living conditions (health and comfort) and we can reduce our consumption by 10! (European cepheus project).

Do not forget that the current standards are the fact of EDF.
The improvements must not be top important not to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs ...

For the home as for other things, the demanding citizen must turn to other "networks" and not hesitate to resist. I am thinking, for example, of individual phyto treatment of wastewater, dry toilets ...
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 12/01/07, 15:02

citro wrote:(...) I am thinking, for example, of individual phyto-treatment of wastewater, dry toilets ...

Here is an excellent example of regulation going against ecology: the phyto treatment of wastewater is not provided for in the law and it is necessary to request a derogation (which is not always accepted) to put this type of treatment much more ecological instead of the traditional "septic tank". And again, that's when the sewerage system is not present. Otherwise, obligation to connect to it.

As for dry toilets, although their environmental impact is much lower than that of flush toilets, French law requires the latter under penalty of seeing the housing classified as unsanitary ... Image
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 12/01/07, 18:18

As far as the sewer is concerned, you don't have to connect to it. You just have to pay as if you were if you can connect to it :|
There is a town, Laubenhein not to mention, which has installed a sewer, but without a treatment plant. Since last year, they have been asking people to pay on the pretext that they can connect. : Evil:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/01/07, 18:39

citro wrote:- Prohibit concrete or use it only for foundations.

Uh Joker ... and cellular concrete?
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 13/01/07, 05:04

Targol wrote:[..] As long as we continue to promote energy aberrations such as insulation from the inside, reversible air conditioning and others on TV ("Vivrelec" ads, for example), very little will be done on the subject. [...]
: Shock:
What is the problem with interior insulation? Precisely, I am looking for information on what it is possible to do at this level ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 13/01/07, 09:43

Woodcutter wrote:
Targol wrote:[..] As long as we continue to promote energy aberrations such as insulation from the inside, reversible air conditioning and others on TV ("Vivrelec" ads, for example), very little will be done on the subject. [...]
: Shock:
What is the problem with interior insulation?

It is difficult to avoid thermal bridges. Take the example of a concrete slab that will come into contact with your exterior walls. You can insulate your wall, your ceiling, but it will also be necessary to insulate your floor, because your slab, it will pump the cold from the exterior walls, which can cause condensation problems. And again, if it is a floor slab, it should be insulated below (ceiling) and above (floor) to do well. If you insulate from the outside, you no longer need to insulate your slab (upstairs, unless it is that of unheated roof spaces, in this case you insulate above). A slab on the median or crawl space will still have to be insulated but the cold will no longer come from the periphery.
And then the notion of thermal inertia comes into play: your "heavy" walls are in contact with heat, in winter, and restore this heat when the temperature drops, the exterior insulation preventing the return of this heat towards the outside. If you insulate correctly from the inside, your walls will not be able to have this role of thermal regulator, of heat absorber that one seeks in mass stoves for example. So you limit the possibility of having radiant heat and you work more with convection heat, which is less interesting in my opinion.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 13/01/07, 18:36

OK, thank you for these explanations ...

Let's come to a second question: my mom bought an apartment in a building from the 60s for her old age. She wanted to insulate it from the inside, but if it's not interesting, what solution did it in old collective housing?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."