EPP terminal project, box renewables

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
ustao74
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

EPP terminal project, box renewables

by ustao74 » 30/01/17, 09:22

Hello good night

I am a student of Terminale aiming with 3 comrades to create a PPE [End of year works counting for the BAC] Combining 3 renewable energies wind, hydro, and solar.

They would be gathered in a sort of box transportable by car or other (a few kilos and about the dimension of 1 m long Maximum)
This box would be placed on a sailboat and will allow you to charge various electronic devices such as an mp3, a telephone, a radio, and power a bedside lamp, a small portable DvD player or other.

(The situation is a man and a woman (yes we do in equality haha) leaving for the world tour and therefore not being penalized greatly by the speed, the weight and the size of their sailboat)

So we want to adapt a removable and therefore storable hydraulic turbine, being hung on the hull of the boat or on the keel why not?
The solar system will already be on the box (about 1 m²) and the wind turbine directed by a piston (Bluetooth) also placed on the box (the wind turbine will therefore not exceed 1 M or will be retractable)

So I would like your opinion on different things:

- The diameter of the turbine as well as its type? Kaplan, Francis ...
- Where to position it and improve performance to the maximum?
- Will it be able to recharge a battery in 5 v allowing energy to be used later?
- Where to find a turbine of this size or how to make it or make a model as well as a 3 D simulation?
- knowing that a Vendée Globe type racing boat turns at 55 km / h we are more on 30/35 km / h in this situation.
- Where to find a wind turbine of 1 see 1.5 M high as well as its yields?

I thank you in advance !
1 x
Christophe

Re: PPE terminal project, Renewable energy box

by Christophe » 30/01/17, 14:37

There are educational toy kits that go in this direction (but far from having 1m² of solar PV and the power you want), some even have micro fuel cells that can provide a few watts.

This will allow you to have ideas and you could use it as inspiration to "make it bigger".

If it is a turbine "towed" by a boat, it is neither Kaplan nor Françis (which includes potential energy turbines and not kinetic) but a propeller of the propulsion type of a boat (this already exists: we plunge them to the back of the sailboat when needed, just like small sailboat wind turbines).

Otherwise I do not understand the idea of ​​the piston controlled by bluetooth? :?:
0 x