Alternator question

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Bricolo07
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Alternator question

by Bricolo07 » 29/12/16, 20:43

Hello,

I am here because it is 2 years that I work on a wind turbine, which with time continues to evolve (diameter rotor blade, basket, height, generator ...) to make it short, I want to change my engine (in generator mode) by a car alternator, resistance and speed side is not a problem because I did tests with an old alternator so I do not know if it works properly, hence these questions:

- Depending on the speed of rotation, does the resistive torque increase or decrease?

- To avoid having a couple at the start, I connected a very small engine (video recorder) on the alternator, it produces 12 v at 150tr-min of the wind turbine, at these terminals I put a relay 12v that drives the excitation, which means that at less than 150tr-min wind turbine (800tr-min alternator), there is no resistance. It's a good idea?

- Can we unplug the alternator from the battery while it is spinning ?, because seen the previous point I need to do it

- On a new alternator (Volkswagen bosh) there is a DF pin, on the forums everyone says it's the excitement out when I plug it into the + there is no excitement while when I unplug it there is excitement, that's the most important point in moving forward.

I know a lot but I need a hand
0 x