Homebiogas, Pocket digester for cooking at home

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Christophe

Homebiogas, Pocket digester for cooking at home

by Christophe » 11/06/16, 15:26

For 1000 $ you can claim energy autonomy ... but just for cooking!

http://www.homebiogas.com/

homebiogas.jpg
homebiogas.jpg (44.16 KB) Viewed 11602 times

Certainly never profitable but so ecological :) Then shit why should this always be profitable when it comes to energy? It annoys me this behavior !!!

When you buy a new, more fashionable pant or a car or a smartphone to show off: where is the profitability?
It annoys me !!

ps: why don't they use "human wastes"? : Mrgreen: Ah yes it's too concentrated in nitrogen I think ...
1 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Homebiogas, the pocket methanizer for cooking at home

by chatelot16 » 12/06/16, 16:26

http://www.homebiogas.com/faq.html
10. What happens to the excess gas I don't use?
The built in tank stores 400 liters of gas. Any additional gas generated by the system is automatically released and dissipates into the atmosphere.

when we know that methane has a lot of greenhouse effect a methanizer which loses methane when there is too much seems ecologically doubtful ... it is absolutely necessary a flare ... on the scale of this small flare methanizer is a big word, it will be a little burner

1. Will it work in any weather?
HomeBiogas performs well when the day / night 24-hour average temperature is 17 ° C (63 ° F) and above. Once the temperature drops lower than that the unit's gas output is significantly reduced. On the other hand the system will work very effectively in high temperatures, either humid or arid.

only works above 17 ° average temperature ... not good for France, it will only work in summer when gas is least useful

1000 dollars for something that seems very light, fragile and not durable ... not efficient ... it does not inspire confidence

it is heated directly by the sun: bad temperature control ... bacteria suffer as much from overheating as from cold ... you need a constant temperature ... so if you want to heat the methanizer with the sun it need a separate sensor for a water circuit and a thermostat

the best place for the methanizer is not necessarily where there is sun ... a solar thermal collector can be placed on a roof or another sunny point

I think that with 1000 euros we can do better than this thing
0 x
Cervesia
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Cervesia » 12/06/16, 17:10

good thank you to you! I am interested in a self-production and you put me on the trail of a DIY
http://www.h2osmose.com/ecogwada/biogaz/index.htm
as soon as I move I make one and keep you informed! unless a faster than me sticks! lol
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 12/06/16, 17:21

Christophe wrote:
When you buy a new, more fashionable pant or a car or a smartphone to show off: where is the profitability?
It annoys me !!

when you buy expensive stuff to show off it's waste ... if you buy too much a methanizer which produces little and does not last long it is another waste ... the ecological show off is not better than d 'another show off!

I like methanization but you should not put money in a light and fragile thing, which may go entirely in the trash because there will be too much problem

on the contrary, I prefer to build with the most standard element possible, which can be used for something else if the methanizer is no longer used ... the tank pump taps are not destroyed by the methanizer, but remain usable or salable

that's why I avoid the concrete tanks, impossible to recover or move in case of change of project: I prefer sheet metal tank and plastic film inside: both solid and removable ... I beware of the tank of this homebiogas only in plastic sheeting: too fragile ... too difficult to maintain
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/06/16, 11:48

Yes, durability and the risk of leakage are a concern in individual bio-methanizers ...

Hope that that of HomeBiogas is well studied ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 13/06/16, 12:26

individual methanizer or large methanizer the problem is the same the production is low so the material must be very solid not to fall into disrepair before being profitable

in this homebiogaz I see no kidney of good ... anyway it is unusable in France since it has no heating

I even have a real doubt about the real existence of this thing ... the synthetic images allow to sell what does not yet exist

the positive side is to see if there is a market ... how many people would like to invest in this kind of thing?

invest in photovoltaics, we are on the bottom line, once installed it produces without asking for any work ... with a small methanizer I am afraid that it requires too much work to produce very little so that it will be quickly abandoned ... and give up $ 1000 of equipment is not ecology
0 x
Jacques Lavie
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Jacques Lavie » 15/03/17, 11:48

hatelot16 "] individual methanizer or large methanizer the problem is the same the production is low so the material must be very solid so as not to fall into ruin before being profitable

in this homebiogaz I see no kidney of good ... anyway it is unusable in France since it has no heating

I even have a real doubt about the real existence of this thing ... the synthetic images allow to sell what does not yet exist

the positive side is to see if there is a market ... how many people would like to invest in this kind of thing?

invest in photovoltaics, we are on the bottom line, once installed it produces without asking for any work ... with a small methanizer I am afraid that it requires too much work to produce very little so that it will be quickly abandoned ... and give up $ 1000 of equipment is not ecology

Well I have had one for almost 1 year everything is going well gas fertilizer top
0 x
Jacques Lavie
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Jacques Lavie » 15/03/17, 11:51

well I have one for almost 1 year satisfied
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."