Stidd energy and environment: tidal purchase?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
ProjetTerminale
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Stidd energy and environment: tidal purchase?

by ProjetTerminale » 08/01/16, 11:29

Hello everyone, I publish this topic because I am in Sti2d terminal class energy and environment option and I like project to create a tidal turbine.
The problem is: impossible to find a site to buy an alternator or generator adapted, apart from unreliable site like alyexpress or others
So if you, wind turbine and tidal fan, could give me a boost, it will be without refusal :D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/01/16, 12:28

Uh what is your budget ???

Are there projects funded in Terminale?
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 08/01/16, 13:30

having followed the reform of the STIDD not too far away, I am amused today to see the number of young students wrecked on the net who have been asked to carry out projects that are not well defined and for which I doubt that they have both the time and the skills to carry them out, not to mention the possible financial aspect attached to the equipment to buy.

For example, we have not yet seen a single set of specifications for the moment ... and young people are wandering without any starting point. As here for example

find a tidal turbine of good quality in the trade, indeed it must be very delicate

The market is almost zero, and submerged electrical machines, it's not Chinese first price if you want reliability ...

If I were you, I would rather try to put out the electric generating part, even doing a chain assembly with the tidal turbine that will turn immersed in the stream of water.

and out of curiosity, where will the tidal turbine be implanted? In the black sink mechanics? :P

@+
Last edited by Remundo the 08 / 01 / 16, 16: 30, 1 edited once.
0 x
simplino
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by simplino » 08/01/16, 16:13

'terminale class Sti2d option energy and environment "

so your large scale tidal industry project very difficult even for industrial, is not accessible to you !!

You can not afford to make a factory Rance, even miniature!

So show your imagination, on simple, small simple, even microscopic, first on a cheap dynamo, like those crank for Led lamp sold everywhere to run with small propeller under water !! in a stream.

You will already have the difficult problem of sealing and the possibility of quoting all the difficulties !!

There are hundreds of patents on just sealing a rotating shaft in water and again we innovate !!

So show your imagination, to learn about patents, to classify and analyze problems !!

But do not look to make big money by spending a lot of money !!
0 x
ProjetTerminale
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ProjetTerminale » 09/01/16, 12:37

Thank you for answering so fast :D
I'm probably mistaken about the term tidal turbine ^^ I was talking about a water mill that can move :D
I finally managed to get my hands on a permanent magnet alternator at low speed minutes on an American site, which seems to me much more reliable than the prescedents. To answer your questions, we do not have a fixed budget, it depends on our project, and if it can serve, in the years to come, as the basis of TP for the first (in this case a more than reasonable budget can to be made available)
Indeed many terminals must be in my case, because it is almost asked to use the forums like this one. For the specifications, in fact it is not very fixed, our objective is to supply, in a very small part, (do not panic :D) an isolated cottage and connected us to the network. This is of course an assumption, we do not have a cottage available etc ..
We had already considered the idea of ​​the dynamo, and left on a dynamo hub, but they are not powerful enough to suit us;)
If you have any advice to give me do not hesitate, I will call you again in case of difficulty
thanks again
0 x
simplino
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by simplino » 09/01/16, 14:33

on youtube you have an infinite collection of achievements of water chicks, like this one medium ageuse:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEx_lPiH2tI

But it is necessary to mount gears speed multipliers, because otherwise even with a permanent magnet alternator low revolutions minutes, you will get almost nothing, because the voltage is proportional to the speed and therefore the coils must be on a very very large diameter with a lot of magnets, so very expensive !!

Water runs slower than air (much lighter, except with large special turbines with high water speed,
24 times 470 tons:

http://www.ina.fr/video/3223437001025

http://com.fr.free.fr/energiemarees/?page_id=239

"Each of these bulge groups is composed of a horizontal Kaplan type turbine, rotating at a little more than 93 revolutions per minute, and connected to an alternator. The specificity of this type of turbine comes from its pale 4 capable of changing orientation depending on the direction of the current.

The size of each of the 24 bulge groups of the Rance is impressive: 5,3 m in diameter. They each have a unit power of 10 MW (ie 10 000 kW)
."

diameter needed even for small power with good performance !!

)
and therefore a powerful and waterproof speed multiplier is essential, just like for a hand crank flashlight.

For such a project it is necessary to learn the various necessary technical knowledge.
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."