Hydro, tidal power plant of La Rance

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Nicolas B
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Hydro, tidal power plant of La Rance

by Nicolas B » 26/01/06, 17:10

I would like to obtain information for my scientific research on renewable energies, in particular apply to the dams of the Rance (bulbs groups).
All information on the subject:
-plan of structure,
-contact,
detailed plans of the turbines,
-schema blocks and control of the structures (too often exploded or incomplete),
-the consequences of the use of soluble anodes on the aquatic environment ...

I thank you in advance for your answers, aides.Nicolas
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 26/01/06, 18:38

There is an article on tidal turbines on Econology: https://www.econologie.com/les-hydrolien ... s-977.html and maybe elsewhere.

If later you have more information or even a file, it would be nice for you to tell us that we can discuss and complete the site.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/01/06, 12:50

Nono, tidal power plants (use of the tides) and tidal turbines (uses of currents including those of the tides) are not at all the same thing.

Nicolas, I do not think you find such accurate data on the net. Some must be protected (professional secrecy) ... Moreover I do not see pkoi you need data as accurate ... but you can always call EdF to try your luck ...
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 27/01/06, 19:13

Well, if he's not interested in tidal turbines, he should review his title then : Mrgreen:
0 x
Nicolas B
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Nicolas B » 30/01/06, 15:59

I have already read your article on this subject, it is thanks to that that I made your discovery. Thank you for your attention to my art and I wish you a good continuation. If you wish to obtain information on this principle, I will be at your disposal.
Have a good Sunday.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/10/07, 23:31

Nicolas B wrote:I have already read your article on this subject, it is thanks to that that I made your discovery. Thank you for your attention to my art and I wish you a good continuation. If you wish to obtain information on this principle, I will be at your disposal.
Have a good Sunday.

Found in 30 second with google: http://membres.lycos.fr/chezalex/projet ... artie2.htm
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/10/07, 09:24

I have the book at home, now quite "vintage" (1956)
"great discoveries of the XNUMXth century" by Larousse, directed by Louis Leprince-Ringuet
What is interesting is that it dates from before the construction of the Rance plant (whose results are apparently disappointing)
send me your e-mail address in mp, I will send you a scan in pdf.
(It's full of curves and calculation, list of possible locations in France)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/10/07, 09:58

I am willing! :)

The results are passable financially I think in comparison with nuclear ... but otherwise I do not see how it will be "worse" technologically than a "classic" dam ...

Now as I have already said: https://www.econologie.com/forums/et-l-energ ... t4151.html
There is no doubt that the potential of such plants is very limited ...
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 19/09/11, 12:34

Hello,
We talked about it on TV a short time ago.
So the project is going well.
To follow, but where?
Four underwater turbines fed by the tide will supply power to 3000 homes.

It looks like the rotor of a gigantic airplane engine. A turbine of 16 meters in diameter, weighing 700 tons, left Wednesday the port of Brest to be immersed in the next few days by 35 meters of bottom off Paimpol and the island of Bréhat (Côtes-d Armor).

http://www.lefigaro.fr/societes/2011/08 ... etagne.php
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."